Plymouth Municipal Airport (North Carolina)
|Plymouth Municipal Airport|
|Serves||Plymouth, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||39 ft / 12 m|
Plymouth Municipal Airport (ICAO: KPMZ, FAA LID: PMZ) is a county-owned, public-use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) south of the central business district of Plymouth, in Washington County, North Carolina, United States. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is classified as a general aviation airport.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned PMZ by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned PMZ to Palmar Sur Airport in Palmar Sur, Costa Rica).
Facilities and aircraft
Plymouth Municipal Airport covers an area of 390 acres (160 ha) at an elevation of 39 feet (12 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 3/21 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,500 by 75 feet (1,676 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending November 21, 2008, the airport had 11,275 aircraft operations, an average of 30 per day: 80% general aviation, 18% military, and 2% air taxi. At that time there were 13 aircraft based at this airport: 77% single-engine, 15% multi-engine and 8% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for PMZ ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.61 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- "Plymouth, North Carolina - Plymouth Municipal Airport (ICAO: KPMZ, FAA: PMZ)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- "Palmar, Costa Rica - Palmar Sur Airport (IATA: PMZ, ICAO: MRPM)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- Aerial photo as of 6 March 1994 from USGS The National Map
- "Plymouth Municipal Airport - PMZ" (PDF). at North Carolina DOT Airport Directory
- FAA Terminal Procedures for PMZ, effective June 22, 2017
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|