|Category:Rail transport timelines
- 1890 – The Ivorydale and Mill Creek Valley Railway is incorporated in Ohio as a local switching company for the Procter & Gamble plant in Cincinnati.
- 1903 – Apalachicola Northern Railroad, later to become AN Railway, is chartered.
- 1907 – Just one week after construction is completed on the Barnwell and Searchlight Railway connecting Barnwell, California, and Searchlight, Nevada, the railway is leased to Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway.
- 1914 – The last spike is driven on the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway at Fort Fraser, British Columbia, 93 miles (150 km) west of Prince George, completing the line between Winnipeg and Prince Rupert.
- 1957 – New York City trolleys run for the last time.
- 1992 – A passenger train travelling from Bitragunta to Vijayawada, India, passes a signal at danger and runs into a stationary freight train near Tenali; 20 passengers die and many more are injured.
- Morris, J. C., Commissioner of Railroads and Telegraphs, Ohio (December 31, 1902). "Annual Report of the Commissioner of Railroads and Telegraphs; Part II: History of the Railroads of Ohio". Retrieved April 7, 2006.
- "Significant dates in Canadian railway history". Colin Churcher's Railway Pages. March 17, 2006. Retrieved April 7, 2006.
- Indian Railways Fan Club (2005). "IR History: Part - V (1970 - 1995)". Retrieved April 7, 2006.
- "Obituaries". Trains. 66 (8): p 17. August 2006. ISSN 0041-0934.