Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This page is transcluded in the "Trains news" section of Portal:Trains.
- Please see the talk page for guidelines on event inclusion. If you are unsure if an event should be included here, list it in the newsroom.
- Please limit this to six events, listed in date descending order (most recent first).
- Image templates:
All images must be free (i.e. no company logos)
- March 13, 2018 – Following a closure over winter for maintenance, Broadmoor, the operator of the Manitou and Pike's Peak Railway, the highest railway in North America, announces that the railway will remain closed for 2018, and could possibly not reopen. The owners cited the infrastructure age, which was first put in place in 1891, and continuing maintenance as the primary reason for the closure. Cog railway experts from Switzerland have recommended electrifying the line. (News 13; Colorado Springs Independent)
- February 23, 2018 – China Railway Corporation reports that 12.2 million passenger trips were taken on the company's trains on Thursday, February 22, 2018, setting a new record for services following the Spring Festival holiday. Known as 'Chunyun,' the travel rush around the holiday is the busiest time for rail travel on the network every year. (Xinhua)
- January 31, 2018 – The first Class 331 EMU for Northern Rail in the United Kingdom is unveiled at the CAF factory in Zaragoza. It will be tested in the Czech Republic before being delivered to the UK. (Rail Magazine)
- January 13, 2018 – The new Brightline train service between Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach commences operations. This is the first commercial service operated by a private company in the United States since 1983. (SunSentinel)
- Morrison, Holly (March 13, 2018). "Pikes Peak Cog Railway to remain closed for remainder of 2018". News 13. Retrieved March 18, 2018.
- Falcone, Bob (March 16, 2018). "Cog Railway closure could impact recreation on Pikes Peak". Colorado Springs Independent. Retrieved March 18, 2018.
- "China's railway trips hit record high as holiday ends". Xinhua. February 23, 2018. Retrieved February 23, 2018.
- Clinnick, Richard (January 31, 2018). "Northern unveils its first new CAF-built train". Rail Magazine.
- Roustan, Wayne K. (January 13, 2018). "Brightline begins higher-speed train service — and passengers give thumbs up". SunSentinel.