Postage stamps and postal history of Tristan da Cunha
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1946, labels showing penguins and the currency being potatoes were issued. The 4 potatoes red stamp was included in the miniature sheet issued in 1979 to commomorate the death centenary of Sir Rowland Hill.
- Postage stamps and postal history of Ascension Island
- Postage stamps and postal history of Saint Helena
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stamps of Tristan da Cunha.|
- Crabb, George. The History and Postal History of Tristan da Cunha. Ewell: G. Crabb, 1980
- Crawford, Allan B. Penguins, Potatoes & Postage Stamps: A Tristan da Cunha Chronicle. Oswestry: Anthony Nelson, 1999 ISBN 0-9046146-8-9
- MacKay, James A. and George F. Crabb. Tristan da Cunha: Its postal history and philately. Ewell, Surrey: Published by the authors, 1965
- Mueller, Michael D. and Peter P. McCann (editors). Thirty years of St. Helena, Ascension, and Tristan da Cunha philately: a collection of new, revised and reprinted articles published by the St. Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha Philatelic Society on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the founding of the society. Morgantown: St. Helena, Ascension and Tristan Da Cunha Philatelic Society, 2006 ISBN 1-890454-37-0
- Peck, Richard. Handbook of Modern Tristan da Cunha Philately. Sydney: R. Peck, 1992 ISBN 0-9491772-4-5 Comprising: Pt. 1: Stamps & stationery; Pt. 2: Postal history and cinderellas.
- Peck, Richard C. Tristan da Cunha, the William L. Mayo accumulation. Drummoyne, NSW: Richard C. Peck, 1996
- Proud, E. The Postal History of Ascension, St Helena and Tristan Da Cunha. Proud-Bailey Co. Ltd., 2005. ISBN 1-872465-33-1
- Rainey, Chris. The Postal History of Tristan Da Cunha 1892 - 1946: A display to the Royal Philatelic Society of London 25th November 2010. Chris Rainey, 2010.
- Skavaril, Russell V. (editor). St. Helena, Ascension, and Tristan da Cunha Philatelic Society's 20th anniversary anthology: original philatelic papers written by Society members to commemorate Society's 20th anniversary. Columbus, OH.: St. Helena, Ascension and Tristan Da Cunha Philatelic Society, 1997 ISBN 1-89045-402-8
- Smith, Rozell. A History and The Mails: The Ships of Tristan da Cunha. Richmond-Vancouver, B.C.: Produced by R.C. Smith, 1994
- Official Post Office site.
- St. Helena, Ascension, and Tristan da Cunha Philatelic Society
- Tristan da Cunha postal history home page
|This philatelic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|