Potsdam Municipal Airport
|Potsdam Municipal Airport
|Owner||Village of Potsdam|
|Serves||Potsdam, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||474 ft / 144 m|
Potsdam Municipal Airport (ICAO: KPTD, FAA LID: PTD), also known as Damon Field, is a village owned, public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) east of Potsdam, a village in the Town of Potsdam, St. Lawrence County, New York, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned PTD by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned PTD to Port Alexander Seaplane Base in Port Alexander, Alaska).
Facilities and aircraft
Potsdam Municipal Airport covers an area of 168 acres (68 ha) at an elevation of 474 feet (144 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 6/24 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,705 by 60 feet (1,129 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 14, 2011, the airport had 6,000 aircraft operations, an average of 16 per day: 92% general aviation, 5% military, and 3% air taxi. At that time there were 14 aircraft based at this airport: 93% single-engine and 7% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for PTD ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "Potsdam Municipal Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KPTD, FAA: PTD)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved April 15, 2010.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (PTD: Port Alexander)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- "Port Alexander SPB (IATA: PTD, ICAO: PAAP, FAA: AHP)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved April 15, 2010.
- Potsdam Municipal Airport (PTD) at NYSDOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of May 1996 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for PTD, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: