Powell Butte, Oregon
|Elevation||3,117 ft (950 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (Pacific)|
|Area code(s)||458 and 541|
Powell Butte is an unincorporated community in Crook County, Oregon, United States, and named after the nearby Powell Buttes. It is on Oregon Route 126 west of Prineville and east of Redmond. Powell Butte post office was established in 1909.
This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F (22.0 °C). According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Powell Butte has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.
- Marcus Borg, academic, author, theologian
- Mike McLane, judge and former state representative
- David Rufkahr, actor, played the role of Frank Bartles in Bartles and Jaymes wine cooler ads
- John Powell, B:26 July 1818 Claiborne County, Tennessee, United States of America D:3 March 1891 Prineville, Crook County, Oregon, United States of America Farmer, Powell Butte, Oregon named after him
- "Powell Butte ZIP Code". zipdatamaps.com. 2022. Retrieved November 11, 2022.
- "Powell Butte, Oregon". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. pp. 780–781. ISBN 978-0875952772.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 76. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- Climate Summary for Powell Butte, Oregon