|Directed by||Anindya Chatterjee|
Shiboprosad Mukherjee |
Anupam Roy |
Windows Production House
|Distributed by||Eros International|
|Box office||₹2.15 crore (US$300,000) (after 14 days) |
Sraboni / Shaon (Esha Saha) and Antor Sen (Aditya Sengupta) have been married for 2 years and 5 months, and live in a joint family with Antor's parents, brother, sister-in-law and niece. Unbeknownst to her draconian, Rabindrasangeet-loving, idealist mother-in-law, Shaon has a career writing scripts for Bengali soaps (watching which too are strictly forbidden in the household). In contrast to the fiercely independent Shaon, Antor is usually indecisive and equivocates every time he is asked for his opinion on any matter.
Shaon and Antor are unable to conceive because Shaon suffers from polycystic ovary syndrome - something which causes her a lot of mental anguish. When Shaon's friend Parijat Mukherjee becomes pregnant by her boyfriend Matthew and wants to abort the baby, Shaon convinces her to go ahead with the pregnancy and gives her the word that she will adopt the baby and provide it a fine upbringing. Shaon's short-lived dreams of motherhood however are soon shattered when Matthew comes back and takes responsibility for the child, and Parijat goes back on her word.
The heartbreak in addition to her frustration with the restrictive household causes Shaon to leave her in laws home and seek refuge with her eccentric father and mother (Aparajita Auddy). However, Antor and Shaon soon run into each other and Shaon expresses her wish to go out for a beer with her estranged husband. Subsequently, the two celebrate their wedding anniversary by checking into a cheap hotel in Diamond Harbour. At the hotel, Shaon confesses that she values her independence of thought, dressing and cultural taste - and was rather restrained in Antor's house. As they are about to reconcile, the couple is arrested by the police on charges of immoral behaviour - something that they manage to escape once Antor's elder brother turns up at the police station with their marriage certificate.
Antor becomes disillusioned with the city and welcomes the transfer to Bhilai. 2 days before his journey, he asks to meet Shaon one last time. As they meet, Shaon tells Antor that she is willing to accompany him to Bhilai. A grateful Antor tells her that he will give her whatever she wants in Bhilai, indicating her freedom in his company as well as motherhood.
- "Regional Bioscope: Dhanush doing a film with his brother; 'Projapoti Biskut' trailer out; & more". 22 August 2017. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "দুর্গার আগেই কার্তিক চলে আসছেন 'প্রজাপতি বিস্কুট' নিয়ে".
- "কাঁচের বয়াম থেকে বেরোল 'প্রজাপতি বিস্কুট'". ebela.in. 18 August 2017. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "বক্স অফিসে লক্ষ্মীলাভ। পুজোয় কেমন ব্যবসা করল বাংলা ছবি? হিসেবে নজর রাখল আনন্দ প্লাস।". Anandabazar Pratika. 10 October 2017. Retrieved ১০ October 2017. Check date values in:
- "রিলিজ হল 'প্রজাপতি বিস্কুট' ছবির ফার্স্ট লুক". 24 ghanta. 7 August 2017. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Topic projapoti biskut". ebela.in. 18 August 2017. Retrieved 23 August 2017.