Puruesh Chaudhary (born January 26, 1983 in Lahore, Pakistan) is a futures researcher, development and strategic narrative professional. She has a master's degree in International Negotiation and Policymaking from Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva. She is also a Distinguished Fellow at the Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad. Chaudhary is the founder and president of the non-governmental organization Agahi, a media development and capacity building initiative in Pakistan.
Chaudhary has been featured among the World's top female futurists as of January 2018. She has worked with multilateral donors and aid agencies, governmental sectors, news organizations and multinationals in Pakistan. The Pakistan Foresight Initiative is a project part of AGAHI developing frameworks aimed at improving policy making and strategic narratives; structures enabling legislators, strategists, academicians and the community developing shared understanding for effective implementation of decisions. Chaudhary has produced foresight research compilation on the Future of Pakistan up to 2060 and is published co-author of ‘The Future of Business,’ a critical insight on the rapidly changing world. Championing “shaping the future of journalism”, Puruesh has also co-founded Pakistan's annual journalism awards (The Agahi Awards); content analysis framework (Media Credibility Index and Ethical Media Audit); created foresight research fellowship opportunities with the Department of Defense and Strategic Studies of Quaid-e-Azam University. The Center of International Media Ethics’ honored her to serve as its Ambassador to Pakistan campaigning for quality journalism in the country.
Chaudhary is currently Member Board of Advisors for CIME and a Mentor for UN-Habitat Youth Fund Program. She continues to train and mentor journalists all across Pakistan on values and ethics. Chaudhary is an alumnus of the National Defence University and serves as a Committee Member on Media and Outreach. She is recognized as a Global Shaper by the World Economic Forum, as well as an ASPEN alumni, and a member of the World Futures Society. Chaudhary is on the Planning Committee of the Millennium-Project (Global Futures Studies and Research) representing the Pakistan Chair.
In 2012, Pruruesh Chaudhary gave a talk about the first steps of Agahi at TedxNUST in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- "Where is the planning for the future? - The Express Tribune". 24 February 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-01-21. Retrieved 2016-02-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Puruesh Chaudhary - Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad". issi.org.pk.
- "List of the world's top female futurists (Updated) -". rossdawson.com.
- login. "Quality education still a challenge in Punjab". abbtakk.tv.
- "All is shambolic amid vows and enhanced budgetary share". thenews.com.pk.
- "BR ePaper - Roundtable on 'Education Governance' organised". Business Recorder e-Paper.
- "Samaa TV - Latest Breaking News Pakistan, Globally & also Watch Live News". Samaa TV. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- Puruesh Chaudhary. "Live Challenge: The Future of Pakistan to 2060". academia.edu.
- "The Future of Business – Fast Future Publishing". fastfuturepublishing.com.
- "Shaping the Future of Journalism by Puruesh Chaudhary". fastfuturepublishing.com.
- Puruesh Chaudhary - Shaping the Future of Journalism. 12 January 2016 – via YouTube.
- "Agahi Awards launched for journalists". pakistanpressfoundation.org.
- "Moot on media ethics in digital age starts". DailyTimes. Archived from the original on 2016-02-04. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Media Credibility Index: Methodology needs to be revised, agree participants". The Express Tribune. 30 November 2013.
- "QAU, Agahi team up to promote research". DailyTimes.
- rozan. "Members". Pakistan Coalition for Ethical Journalism. Archived from the original on 2016-03-11. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- CIME Forum 2012 Bhutan. 30 April 2012 – via YouTube.
- "CIME - Advisors". cimethics.org.
- "International media ethics day to be celebrated in Pakistan". DailyTimes. Archived from the original on 2016-02-04. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Ethical Codes Of Journalism - Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)". Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF).
- "Africa: #ipiwoco Preview - Agahi Founder Puruesh Chaudhary". allAfrica.com.
- "Puruesh Chaudhary". sched.org.
- International Press Institute. "International Press Institute: #IPIWoCo Preview: Agahi founder Puruesh Chaudhary". freemedia.at. Archived from the original on 2015-07-02. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Puruesh Chaudary – 2012 AIBs Judge". theaibs.tv.
- "National Defence University, Islamabad". ndu.edu.pk.
- "Puruesh Chaudhary". globalshapers.org. Archived from the original on 2016-02-15. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "The Millennium Project Planning Committee". millennium-project.org.
- "The Millennium Project-Pakistan Node". millennium-project.org.
- TEDx Talks (2012-01-17), TEDxNUST - Puruesh Chaudhary - Agaahi, retrieved 2018-05-11