RENFE class 313
|Sources =, except where noted|
The RENFE 313 (originally RENFE 1300.) was a class of 6 axle mainline diesel-electric locomotives built for RENFE by Euskalduna under license from Alco. 50 units were built in the mid-1960s, locomotives surplus to RENFE's requirements were sold to Comboios de Portugal (CP), Trenes de Buenos Aires, Argentina, and to the railway company of Minero Siderúrgica de Ponferrada.
Alco's model number for the type was DL535S - RSD39
History and description
The locomotives were acquired by RENFE to replace steam engines on lines in Andalusia, La Mancha and Extremadura, and were designed to be able to operate on lines that required a low axle weight. The fifty units were numbered 313-001 to 313-050; 40 were constructed under license by Euskalduna, the remainder by Alco.
The locomotives were initially supplied in yellow striped RENFE green livery, some units later received RENFE yellow grey after refurbishment.
In 1989 Comboios de Portugal acquired 18 locomotives, Trenes de Buenos Aires (TBA) acquired 17 units in 1995. Additionally one unit (313-016) was acquired by FESAVA S.L. for work at the CEPSA refinery La Rábida in Palos de la Frontera, and four units (No.s 20, 41, 46 and 47) were acquired and regauged to 1000mm for use by the railway of the Minero Siderúrgica de Ponferrada.
Other post-RENFE operators included rail infrastructure construction and maintenance company Guinovart & Oshsa (part of OHL Group) which acquired four units, including ex-CP locomotives, Ferrovial which acquired 313-011, and Grupo Azvi which acquired 313-005.
- CP class 1320, locomotives exported to Portugal
- "Caract. técnicas - Material motor - Renfe 313", www.listadotren.es (in Spanish), Listado del Material Ferroviario Español, retrieved 7 February 2012
- Serie 313 de Renfe (Spanish wikipedia), see version 7 February 2012
- André Costa, "Comboios Portugueses (Tópicos)", comboios.home.sapo.pt (in Portuguese), Cronologia do Material Circulante
- Renfe Serie 313, version accessed 8 February 2012, ferropedia.es
- "Asunto: Re: Ferrocarriles MINEROS e INDUSTRIALES españoles", www.forotrenes.com (in Spanish),
la Euskalduna Ex-Renfe 1316 que Fesava SL adquirió a la Red Nacional para las maniobras en la Refinería de La Rábida de Cepsa en la onubense población de Palos de la Frontera
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to RENFE Class 313.|