|Full name||Rachid Ghezzal|
|Date of birth||9 May 1992|
|Place of birth||Décines-Charpieu, France|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:47, 22 May 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 20:24, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
Born in Décines-Charpieu, Metropolitan Lyon, in July 2010 Ghezzal signed a five-year élite contract with Lyon. After featuring with the club's reserve team in the Championnat de France amateur for two consecutive seasons, ahead of the 2012–13 season, he was promoted to the senior team by manager Rémi Garde and assigned the number 31 shirt. Ghezzal made his senior team debut on 4 October 2012 in a UEFA Europa League group stage away match against Israeli club Ironi Kiryat Shmona; he started the match as Lyon won the contest 4–3.
In the 2013–14 season, Ghezzal suffered a back injury for the first six months of Lyon's campaign, which saw him out of action until 10 January 2014, missing 32 of Lyon's games in the process. He then returned to the squad but did not make any appearances for Lyon for the rest of the season; either being not named in match day squads or being named on the bench. Since January 2016, he had been playing regularly. He finished the 2015–16 season with 8 goals and 8 assists in 29 Ligue 1 matches. In June 2017, Lyon announced that Ghezzal's contract would not be renewed.
On 7 August 2017, Ghezzal joined fellow Ligue 1 team Monaco by signing a four-year contract that would run until June 2021. It was reported that Monaco would pay him a signing bonus of €3 million and a monthly salary of about €180,000. As his Lyon contract had expired on 30 June 2017, he arrived on a free transfer.
On 5 August 2018, Ghezzal joined Premier League side Leicester City, signing a four-year deal. In his first start for the club, he scored his first Leicester goal -a long range strike from outside the box- in a 4–0 win over Fleetwood Town.
At international senior level, Ghezzal was eligible to represent both France and Algeria and had stated his preference is to represent the latter nation. In 2013, he received the call from France U20 to compete in the Toulon Tournament. However, Ghezzal later chose to play for Algeria, scoring his first goal in March 2016 against Ethiopia.
|Club||Season||League||Cup[nb 1]||Europe[nb 2]||Total|
- Scores and results list Algeria's goal tally first.
|1.||23 March 2016||Stade Mustapha Tchaker, Blida, Algeria||Ethiopia||6–0||7–1||2017 African Cup of Nations qualification|
- "2018/19 Premier League squads confirmed". Premier League. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "Rachid Ghezzal". Leicester City F.C. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- "Rachid Ghezzal: "Je choisirai l'Algérie"". Le Buteur (in French). 20 August 2010. Archived from the original on 15 August 2011. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Rachid Ghezzal signe un contrat Elite à l'OL". DZFoot (in French). 7 July 2010. Archived from the original on 10 December 2010. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Lyon leave it late to see off Kiryat Shmona". Union of European Football Associations. 4 October 2012. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- Jamieson, Stuart (24 May 2016). "Who is Sunderland target Rachid Ghezzal? Why Lyon star is attracting so much attention". Evening Chronicle. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Transfer news: Lyon sign Mendy but lose Ghezzal". Goal. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- Miller, Nick (28 June 2017). "Free agents XI: the best out-of-contract bargains available this summer". The Guardian. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Transferts : Rachid Ghezzal (Lyon) file vers Monaco". L'Équipe. 4 August 2017.
- Okeleji, Oluwashina (7 August 2017). "French champions Monaco sign Algerian winger Rachid Ghezzal". BBC Sport. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "Rachid Ghezzal a signé à Monaco". L'Équipe. 7 August 2017.
- "Leicester City sign winger Rachid Ghezzal from AS Monaco". Leicester City F.C. 5 August 2018. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Tournoi de Toulon : Rachid Ghezzal sélectionné avec l'équipe de France des U-20". Djazairess (in French). 17 May 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- Yokhin, Michael (24 January 2017). "Arsenal could pounce on Rachid Ghezzal's Lyon conundrum". ESPN FC.
- "Rachid Ghezzal L'EQUIPE Profile". L'Equipe. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "R. Ghezzal". Soccerway. Retrieved 17 August 2016.