|• Total||2,633.11 km2 (1,016.65 sq mi)|
|• Land||2,511.14 km2 (969.56 sq mi)|
|• Water||121.97 km2 (47.09 sq mi)|
|Area as of January 1, 2014.|
|Population (December 31, 2016)|
|• Density||2.1/km2 (5.3/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
The present municipality was formed in 1974, when "old" Ragunda Municipality was amalgamated with the municipalities of Fors and Stugun. Further amalgamations have been discussed due to declining population, but have not been carried out.
Ragunda Municipality is known for being the site of the King Chulalongkorn Memorial Building, which is located by the village Utanede. Designed as a Thai royal pavilion, the only one of its kind outside Thailand, it was raised in 1997 in commemoration of King Chulalongkorn's visit there a century earlier.
The municipal seat in bold
- Borgvattnet - The Haunted Vicarage
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 31 december 2016" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. February 21, 2017. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- Statistics Sweden as of December 31, 2005
- "Kolme vuosikymmentä pohjoismaisia ystäväkuntasuhteita Karstulassa" (PDF) (in Finnish). Karstulan Pohjola-Norden ry. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ragunda Municipality.|
- Ragunda Municipality - Official site