From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Rai (Indian))
The surname Rai may have several origins.
- Rai Sikh, adherents of Sikh faith. Some can be Sikhs, but the vast majority are usually Hindus.
- Rai, a surname belonging to the Bunt community from coastal Karnataka in India.
- Rai (Kanji 雷, Hiragana らい) is also a Japanese surname derived from the Chinese Lei (雷)
- Rai dynasty (c. 416–644 CE), a Buddhist dynasty based in Sindh, in modern-day Pakistan. Sometimes it may be spelled as Ray (surname).
- Acharya Kuber Nath Rai, writer
- Aishwarya Rai, (born 1973) Former Miss World (1994) and Indian actress
- Amit Rai, film director
- Anurita Rai, Indian dancer
- Bali Rai, English young-adult fiction novelist
- Bechara Boutros al-Rahi, or Beshara Rai, incumbent Maronite patriarch in Lebanon
- Jharkhande Rai, former Member of Parliament, India
- Gauri Shankar Rai, former Member of Parliament, India
- Kalpnath Rai, politician
- Kayyar Kinhanna Rai, Kannada writer and activist India
- Kusum Rai, politician
- Lajpat Rai, doctor
- Lala Lajpat Rai (1865-1928), Indian author, freedom fighter and politician
- Lakshmi Rai, South Indian actress
- Muthappa Rai, Indian businessman, philanthropist and social activist
- Prakash Rai, Indian actor
- Priya Anjali Rai
- Ram Bahadur Rai, journalist
- Viveki Rai, Hindi writer
- "Rai Family History". Dictionary of American Family Names ©2013, Oxford University Press. 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2016.