Railway Gazette International
Cover, May 2009
|First issue||1835 (1905 as Railway Gazette)|
|Company||DVV Media Group|
Railway Gazette International is a monthly business journal covering the railway, metro, light rail and tram industries worldwide. Available by annual subscription, the magazine is read in over 140 countries by transport professionals and decision makers, railway managers, engineers, consultants and suppliers to the rail industry. A mix of technical, commercial and geographical feature articles, plus the regular monthly news pages, cover developments in all aspects of the rail industry, including infrastructure, operations, rolling stock and signalling.
Railway Gazette International traces its history to May 1835 as The Railway Magazine, when it was founded by Effingham Wilson. The Railway Gazette title dates from July 1905, created to cover railway commercial and financial affairs. In April 1914 it merged with The Railway Times, which incorporated Herapath's Railway Journal, and in February 1935 it absorbed the Railway Engineer. Around this time it also absorbed The Railway News. It then reflected all aspects of railway activity, particularly in the British Empire and in other areas of the world which used similar technology.
Railway Gazette International is published monthly and Metro Report International twice a year.
Railway Gazette International layout and logo were redesigned in September 2019.
More than 30 regular contributors covers the railway issues from various parts of the world.
Railway Gazette Group
Railway Gazette Group published three magazines: Railway Gazette International, Metro Report International and Railway Gazette China. Railway Gazette International covers news and various aspects about railways around the world, but also contains some urban transportation news. Metro Report International is focused on urban transportation, and Railway Gazette China is covering mainline and urban railway news. Railway Gazette China is published on Mandarin.
- "Reports and Analysis - ABC - Audit Bureau of Circulations". www.abc.org.uk.
- "Circulation and readership profile" (PDF). 2011.
- Worms, Laurence (2004). "Wilson, Effingham (1785–1868)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Railway periodical literature". steamindex.com.
- A brief history of Railway Gazette Railway Gazette
- "Looking Forward" Railway Gazette January 1964
- "RGI reflects wider horizons" Railway Gazette International July 1970 page 721
- "A new force in transport publishing". railwaygazette.com.