|State||Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|• Total||38,824 (2,001 census)|
|• Official||Hindi, English, Tamil|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Nearest city||Port Blair|
Rangat is a town on the Middle Andaman Island, Andaman Archipelago. It is also one of the three counties (tehsils) administrative divisions of the North and Middle Andaman district, in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands union territory of India. Its population, according to the 2001 Census of India, was 38,824 people, mainly of Bengalis and Tamils.
The town has been described as a "ramshackle sprawl around two rows of chai shops and general stores divided by the ATR [ Andaman Trunk Road ]."  Some nearby tourist attractions are Amkunj Beach (8 km away) Dhani Nallah located at out skirts of Rangat and Cutbert Bay Beach (18 km away). The latter is an important turtle nesting ground, especially from December to February.
- Rangat proper
- Long Island
- Bradnock, Robert; Bradnock, Roma (2000). South India Handbook: The Travel Guide. Footprint Travel Guides. p. 209. ISBN 978-1-900949-81-1.
- Abram, David; Edwards, Nick; Ford, Mike; Daniel Jacobs; Shafik Meghji (20 January 2011). The Rough Guide to India. Rough Guides. p. 940. ISBN 978-1-84836-563-6.
- Village Panchayat Names of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Accessed on 2012-07-28.
- Andaman & Nicobar Administration Web site
- North and Middle Administration Website
- Official Andaman & Nicobar Tourism Website
- Rangat travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This Andaman and Nicobar Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|