Reach Out Worldwide
Reach Out Worldwide is a 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit founded in 2010 by Paul Walker that helps bring first responders to disaster areas to augment local relief efforts. Their teams typically consist of medical technicians, doctors, nurses, paramedics, firefighters, and construction workers. The groups goal is to air-drop into disaster zones the minute the news hits the wires. Paul Walker's brother, Cody Walker, is the current Chief Executive Officer of Reach Out Worldwide.
Paul Walker organized a relief team in response to the 2010 Haiti earthquake, and, following their return, he founded Reach Out Worldwide to help fill the gap between available resources and the requirement for personnel in post-disaster situations. Reach Out Worldwide's work is mainly the result of volunteers that focus on quick deployments to areas that are small or remote and are often the first assistance a town or village sees. Domestically, they assist with clean up efforts ranging from mucking and gutting flood damaged homes, clearing access ways, and taking down damaged trees. Internationally, Reach Out Worldwide sends teams of medical and EMS professionals to provide medical aid and distribute supplies.
Reach Out Worldwide has provided support in the following disasters:
|March 2019||Alabama Tornado outbreak of March 3, 2019||chainsaw / debris removal|
|December 2018/ January 2019||2018 California wildfires||supply distribution|
|October 2018||Hurricane Matthew||chainsaw / debris removal|
|October 2018||2018 Sulawesi earthquake and tsunami||medical/water filtration|
|September 2019||Hurricane Florence||rescue/debris removal/ muck and gut|
|June 2018||2018 Volcán de Fuego eruption||medical/home building|
|September 2017-October 2017||Hurricane Maria||debris and tree removal|
|September 2017||Hurricane Irma||Search and rescue/debris removal|
|September/October 2017||Hurricane Harvey||Water and supply distribution/debris removal/medical|
|March 2017||Arkansas-Missouri Flood||Muck and Gut|
|January 2017||Georgia's Tornado outbreak of January 21–23, 2017||Tree/ Debris Removal|
|December 2016||2016 Great Smoky Mountains wildfires||Ash Out/ Debris-Tree Removal|
|October 2016||Hurricane Matthew||Medical|
|March 2016 - September 2016||2016 Louisiana floods||Muck and Gut|
|February 2016||Cyclone Winston||Medical|
|October 2015||October 2015 North American storm complex||Muck and Gut|
|June 2015||2015 Texas–Oklahoma flood and tornado outbreak||Tree/Debris Removal|
|April 2015||April 2015 Nepal earthquake||Medical|
|March 2015||Cyclone Pam||Medical|
|February 2015||January 2015 North American blizzard||Snow Removal|
|April 2014||Arkansas Tornado outbreak of April 27–30, 2014||Tree/Debris Removal|
|November 2013||Typhoon Yolanda||Medical|
|November 2013||Typhoon Haiyan||Medical|
|November 2013||Illinois's Tornado outbreak of November 17, 2013||Tree/Debris Removal|
|October 2013||2013 Colorado floods||Tree/Debris/ Mud Removal|
|May 2013||2013 El Reno tornado||Tree/Debris Removal|
|December 2011||Tropical Storm Washi||Medical|
|October 2010||2010 Mentawai earthquake and tsunami||Medical|
|March 2010||2010 Chile earthquake||Medical|
|January 2010||2010 Haiti earthquake||Medical|
April 2015 Nepal Earthquake
This was the first mission led by Cody Walker following the death of Paul Walker. The nine-member mobile disaster medical team consisted of one doctor and several local firefighter-paramedics, including one from the Orange County Fire Authority and three from the Pasadena Fire Department. Reach Out Worldwide treated 400 cases in 96 hours in rural villages cut off from supplies due to dangerous roads.
Reach Out Worldwide held the charity event Game4Paul on May 9th 2015 raising over $100,000 in fundraising. This event has subsequently been held in September 2016 raising over $130,000, October 2017, and October 2018. In 2017, Microsoft released a limited edition Xbox One to raffle with all proceeds going to Reach Out Worldwide. In 2018 Microsoft partnered with Reach Out Worldwide for Game4Paul again.
- "About Us – Reach Out Worldwide". Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "Paul Walker's Brother, Cody Walker, Joins Nonprofit Charity ROWW". Guardian Liberty Voice. 2014-01-22. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- Munoz, Nino (2010-05-12). "Paul Walker's Advice: Find Your Balance". Men's Health. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "Inside Paul Walker's Touching Legacy 3 Years After His Death". E! Online. Nov 30, 2016. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "Deployments – Reach Out Worldwide". Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "Paul Walker's charity, Reach Out WorldWide, heads to Nepal". ABC7 Los Angeles. 2015-04-29. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "Paul Walker's Brother: How I'll Keep His Legacy Alive". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- WorldWide, Reach Out. "Vin Diesel's BLOODSHOT Joins Fourth Annual Game4Paul Fundraiser with Exclusive Sneak Peeks & Collectibles - Streaming Live Today on Tiltify, Twitch, Mixer and Facebook". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- Ong, Thuy (2017-09-27). "Microsoft creates custom Xbox One S in honor of Paul Walker". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- Greenberg, Aaron; Marketing, GM of Games (2018-09-12). "Xbox is Uniting with Reach Out WorldWide on the 4th Annual Game4Paul Fundraiser". Xbox Wire. Retrieved 2019-04-29.