|The Reading Hospital and Medical Center|
Clock tower at Reading Hospital and Medical Center.
|Location||West Reading, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Emergency department||Level II trauma center|
|Helipad||FAA LID: 9PS5|
|Lists||Hospitals in Pennsylvania|
The Reading Hospital and Medical Center is a 711-bed non-profit teaching hospital located in the borough of West Reading, in the US state of Pennsylvania. The hospital was established in 1867 and is a part of Reading Health System. The hospital operates several residency training programs for newly graduated physicians (MD, DO and DPM), which are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. The internal medicine residency is also accredited by the American Osteopathic Association.
In the last year with data, Reading Hospital had 30,285 admissions and 121,906 emergency room visits. The hospital also performed 9,072 inpatient and 10,916 outpatient surgeries. Reading Hospital operates a level II trauma center. The hospital is certified as a primary stroke center.
Graduate medical education
Reading Hospital operates a number of residency training programs for newly graduated physicians. Programs include Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, and a Transitional Year. All programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The internal medicine program is also dually accredited by the American Osteopathic Association. There is also a residency programs for pharmacists.
Reading Hospital is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and the Joint Commission.
- Edward Goljan, MD – a physician and professor of medicine at Oklahoma State University, completed his internship and residency in pathology at Reading Hospital.
- "Reading Hospital and Medical Center". US News & World Report.
- "AirNavL 9PS5 - Reading Hospital Heliport". Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- About. "About Reading Health System". Reading Health.
- "Taylor Swift, Scholastic donate books to Reading Hospital | Regional: Berks - Home". Wfmz.com. January 18, 2013. Archived from the original on February 28, 2013.
- "The Reading Hospital". Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation.
- "Quality Report: Summary of Quality Information, Reading Hospital". The Joint Commission.
- "Residencies". Reading Health.
- "PCOM/Reading Hospital and Med Ctr - Internal Medicine Residency". American Osteopathic Association.
- Internet Services. "Pathology | Faculty & Staff". Oklahoma State University Department of Health Sciences. Retrieved 2014-03-16.
- "Reading Hospital & Medical Center: Report of Hospital Quality". Pennsylvania Health Care Quality Alliance.
- Shelly, Susan (2010-09-07). "Healing garden at Reading Hospital allows visitors to reflect". Reading Eagle.
- Staff (July 17, 2012). "Reading Hospital, Wyomissing Area School District reach tax deal". Berks Regional News.
- "Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation Trauma Center Accreditation Granted to One Additional Hospital in Pennsylvania" (PDF). PA Trauma Systems Foundation. 3 October 2017. Retrieved 2 December 2017.