Red Deer Regional Hospital
|Red Deer Regional Hospital|
|Alberta Health Services|
Red Deer Regional Hospital in the fall of 2015
|Location||Red Deer, Alberta, Canada|
|Hospital type||General, Teaching|
|Affiliated university||University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry|
|Helipad||TC LID: CRD3|
- Cardiac rehab
- Diabetes clinic
- Diagnostic imaging (CT, MRI and Ultrasound)
- General Surgery
- Intensive Care
- Mental health
- Pediatric mental health
- Medical Oncology
- Orthopedic surgery
- Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
- Palliative care
- Plastic surgery
- Radiation Oncology
- Respiratory Therapy
The hospital is located within a 1-hour service radius of the STARS air ambulance service from both the Calgary and Edmonton base sites.
The hospital serves as a training center for multiple professions. The University of Alberta trains residents in their Rural Alberta North family medicine program and rotate medical students on elective. It is also a site for pharmacy resident training and nursing student training from the Red Deer College.
Philanthropic funding is directed by the Red Deer Regional Health Foundation.
Red Deer Memorial Hospital
The Red Deer Memorial Hospital was constructed in 1904 as a memorial to three local men who had participated in the Boer War. Financial assistance was provided to purchase property at Red Deer Regional Hospital's current location. At the time it was the only hospital between Calgary and Edmonton. The original hospital was torn down for an auxiliary hospital in 1961.
- Red Deer Memorial
- Red Deer Municipal
- Red Deer General
- Red Deer Regional Hospital
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 27 April 2017 to 0901Z 22 June 2017
- "Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre | Hospitals & Facilities | Alberta Health Services". Albertahealthservices.ca. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Child and Adolescent Inpatient Mental Health Services - Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre | Programs & Services | Alberta Health Services". Albertahealthservices.ca. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Where we serve - STARS Air Ambulance". Stars.ca. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Rural Alberta North Residency Program - Alberta Rural Family Medicine Network". Arfmn.ab.ca. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "CSHP: Programs - Residency Training - CHPRB Accredited Programs - David Thompson Health Region, Red Deer Regional Hospital". Cshp.ca. 2012-11-01. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "> Academic Departments > Nursing". RDC. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Red Deer Regional Health Foundation | Hospitals & Facilities | Alberta Health Services". Albertahealthservices.ca. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Red Deer Memorial Hospital, 1904 - The City of Red Deer". Reddeer.ca. 1904-05-26. Retrieved 2013-04-27.