|Full name||Rene Krhin|
|Date of birth||21 May 1990|
|Place of birth||Maribor, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Central midfielder|
|2015||→ Córdoba (loan)||14||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 May 2015.
Signing for Internazionale alongside fellow rising star Vid Belec from hometown club Maribor at the age of 16 as an European Union player, he started to play for Internazionale at Allievi Nazionali (U17) team.
In July 2009, he was called up by manager Jose Mourinho to the Inter first team for the pre-season tour of the United States, and subsequently played in several friendlies. For the 2009–10 competitive season, he was called up to the match squads, but did not make the starting eleven or the bench for the first three games, against Lazio in the Supercoppa Italiana, Bari, and Milan. He subsequently made his official debut for Inter against Parma in the week three Serie A fixture, coming on as a substitute for Wesley Sneijder. He next came on in the 84th minute against Catania on 24 October for Sulley Muntari. On 1 November 2009, he made his first league start in a 2–0 win over Livorno.
In November 2009, he signed a reported 5-year contract.
On 11 March 2012, he scored his first goal in Serie A during the match against Lazio, which was won by Bologna 3–1.
Back to Inter
Krhin was re-signed by Inter Milan from Bologna in the summer of 2014 on a contract until June 2016. On 30 January 2015, after making only three league appearances for the Nerazzurri during the first part of the season, Krhin joined La Liga side Córdoba on loan until the end of the season.
Krhin was ever present U19 European Championship qualifying and captained the U19's to a place in the final tournament but could not take part due to club commitments. He made his senior debut in a friendly on 5 September 2009, a 1–2 loss to England, coming on as a second-half substitute. He is one of the youngest debutants for the Slovenian national team, having been capped for the first time at the age of 19 years, 3 months and 15 days. Krhin scored his first international goal on June 7, 2013 in a World Cup Qualifying match against Iceland.
- Scores and results list Slovenia's goal tally first.
|1.||7 June 2013||Reykjavík, Iceland||Iceland||4–2||4–2||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- "FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010: List of Players" (PDF). FIFA. 4 June 2010. p. 27. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "THREE NEW PLAYERS FOR INTER PRIMAVERA". Inter Milanofficial website. 2007-01-05. Retrieved 7 September 2009.
- "SLOVENIAN U17 PLAYER FOR ACADEMY". FC Internazionale Milano. 2007-01-19. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- Laudisa, Carlo (7 November 2009). "Khrin e Belec C' è l' intesa sino al 2014". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- "Krhin è al Bologna" (in Italian). Bologna FC 1909 official website. 27 July 2010. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- "Bilancio intermedio al 31 dicembre 2010: Nota integrativa: part1" (PDF) (in Italian). Bologna FC 1909 official website. 4 April 2011. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- "Bilancio intermedio al 31 dicembre 2010: Nota integrativa: parte 2" (PDF) (in Italian). Bologna FC 1909 official website. 4 April 2011. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- "Rene Krhin, nuevo jugador del Córdoba CF" [Rene Krhin, new player of Córdoba CF] (in Spanish). Córdoba's official website. 30 January 2015. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- Matej Rijavec (30 January 2015). "Krhin posojen v Cordobo k trenerju Đukiću" (in Slovenian). RTV Slovenija. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- "Krhin vestirá de rojiblanco las próximas cuatro temporadas" [Krhin will wear rojiblanco for the following four seasons] (in Spanish). Granada's official website. 23 July 2015. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Rene Krhin: "Igranje za reprezentanco mi pomeni zelo veliko"" (in Slovenian). NZS.si. 16 June 2009.
- "Lampard and Defoe seal England victory". The FA. 2009-09-05. Retrieved 2009-09-07.[dead link]
- "Match Report". ESPNsoccernet. 2009-09-05. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- Rok Plestenjak (17 February 2012). "'Slave' o Vučkiću: Kalkulacij se ne grem" (in Slovenian). Siol. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- Rene Krhin profile at BDFutbol
- Tutto Calciatori profile (Italian)
- Rene Krhin profile at Soccerway
- Rene Krhin at National-Football-Teams.com