|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
Founded in 2011 in San Francisco, California by Joris Poort (CEO) and Adam McKenzie (CTO), Rescale is a startup that develops a cloud computing simulation platform. Rescale was a Y Combinator company and has received $6.4M in funding from high-profile investors including Sam Altman, Jeff Bezos, Richard Branson, Chris Dixon, Paul Graham, and Peter Thiel.    The founders previously built a software technology stack at Boeing saving the company over $180M through weight improvements on the 787 Dreamliner.
The Rescale platform combines engineering and science software tools with high performance computing (HPC) to create a cloud simulation environment. Design Engineering magazine describes Rescale as "...a good fit for manufacturers who need to run complex simulation and optimization jobs, but don't have the HPC hardware required." 
The Platform noted in May, 2015 that Rescale claims the largest known globally available commercial HPC network with "...eight million servers globally with a potential 1,400 petaflops of compute capacity ... across 30 global datacenters." 
- Cloud computing
- Enterprise software
- High performance computing
- Computer aided engineering
- Product lifecycle management
- "Y Combinator". Y Combinator.
- "Bezos Expeditions".
- "Angel List".
- "Rescale investors". Rescale.
- "Rescale Emerges With $6.4M to Make Complex Product Design Easier". Wall Street Journal. 2015-05-14. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Superstar-backed Rescale nets $6.4 million to build a better engineering cloud". Fortune. 2015-05-14. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Rescale Lands $6.4M From Who's Who of Investors". TechCrunch. 2015-05-14. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Former Boeing engineer builds a better way to run simulations". San Francisco Business Times. 2015-10-09. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- Kenneth. "Rescale: Build Your Own Simulation Template in the Cloud". Virtual Desktop.
- "Rescale's Political Stance Boosts Cloud Based Supercomputing". The Platform.
- "CD-Adapco Partners".
- "Simulia Technology Partners".
- "MSC Technology Partners".
- "Siemens' NX Nastran Now Available on Rescale On-Demand Cloud Environment".
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|