Born and raised in Sydney, Pemberton was educated at Knox Grammar School and the University of Western Sydney. He climbed his first alpine peak when he was 16. He raised $100,000 for his Everest climb and another $100,000 to fund his climbs of the remaining Seven Summits, which he completed in late 2006. He produced a documentary film of his Everest ascent, entitled To Stand Above the Clouds.
Pemberton was married to Melissa Andrzejewski, an aerobatics pilot and skydiver. He filed for divorce from her in May, 2016. . He currently resides in San Francisco. He is the brother of former Miss Australia Caroline Pemberton.
- To Stand Above the Clouds (2006)
- Gibson, Jano (2005-05-31). "Rex on top of the world". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- Mockenhaupt, Brian (2012-01-25). "As Long As They Both Shall Live". Outside (March 2012). Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 February 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Campbell, Christine (2013-08-15). "Love Twist". 60 Minutes. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
|This Australian biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|