|Born:||August 18, 1944|
Newberry, South Carolina
|Died:||December 23, 2008 (aged 64)|
Roxboro, North Carolina
|Height:||7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)|
|College:||North Carolina Central University|
|NFL Draft:||1967 / Round: 10 / Pick: 253|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Sligh graduated from Newberry High School in Newberry, South Carolina and played college football at North Carolina Central University, where he was on Dean's List, for high academic achievement, as well as having a Biology Major and Chemistry Minor from 1962 to 1966.
During his time in the league he played in a total of eight games. Sligh was a reserve for the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl II, when the Raiders fell to the Green Bay Packers. In 1968, he was chosen by the expansion Cincinnati Bengals in the AFL Allocation Draft, but he was waived prior to the regular season.
- "North Carolina Central University | Bio from NCCU's centennial celebration". nccueaglepride.cstv.com. Retrieved 2015-06-03.
- "1967 NFL Draft Listing". pro-football-reference.com. Retrieved 2015-06-03.
- "History: Pro Football Draft History - The 1960s". profootballhof.com. Retrieved 2015-06-03.
- "Richard Sligh, DT at NFL.com". nfl.com. Retrieved 2015-06-03.
- "Draft 68". bengalsjungle.com. Retrieved 2015-06-03.
- Conner, F. (2000). Football's Most Wanted™: The Top 10 Book of the Great Game's Outrageous Characters, Fortunate Fumbles, and Other Oddities. Potomac Books Incorporated. p. 129. ISBN 9781574883091. Retrieved 2015-06-03.
- "Yahoo". voices.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2015-06-03.