Richie Ryan (footballer)
|Full name||Richford Ryan|
|Date of birth||6 January 1985|
|Place of birth||Templetuohy, Republic of Ireland|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Ottawa Fury FC|
|2005||→ Scunthorpe United (loan)||0||(0)|
|2014–||Ottawa Fury FC||27||(2)|
|2010||League of Ireland XI||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:52, 19 July 2015 (UTC).
Ryan played his youth days for Belvedere before moving abroad. Ryan started his professional career at Sunderland making two substitute appearances in the Premier League in 2003. His debut came in the Tyne–Wear derby in April 2003 
The following season he signed for Boston United. He left the club a year later after their double relegation, intending returning to his native Ireland.
He made his League of Ireland debut for the Bit O' Red in a 1-0 defeat to Cork City at the Showgrounds on 3 August 2008. He scored his first goal for the club in a 2-2 draw with Cork City in the 2009–10 Setanta Sports Cup, Sligo's first ever goal in the competition.
He struggled to get a regular place in the side for his first year and a half as he struggled with fitness but came into his own with a string of highly impressive passing displays in the successful 2010 season. Ryan was Player of the Month in October and won the 2010 PFAI Player of the Year award. He was named as club captain for the 2011 season and captained the club to a second place finish in the league and an FAI Cup, which Sligo won after beating Shelbourne on penalties. This was Ryan's first time winning an FAI Cup as he was suspended for the 2010 Final.
Ryan signed for Scottish Premier League side Dundee United in November 2011. He joined his new teammates in January 2012, making his debut as a substitute in a 2-1 defeat by Aberdeen on 2 January.
- "Magpies see off Sunderland". BBC News. 26 April 2003.
- "Extratime.ie - League of Ireland Sports news, stats, match results, features and news". Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish-soccer-league/2010/1124/273511-ryanr_sligorovers/.html[dead link]
- "Ryan wins PFAI Player of the Year". RTÉ.ie. 7 November 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- "RICHIE RYAN SIGNS FOR UNITED". dundeeunitedfc.co.uk (Dundee United F.C.). 23 November 2011. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- Roache, Ian (3 January 2012). "Dundee United 1 Aberdeen 2: Houston questions match officials' ability to do their jobs". The Courier. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- "Welcome to Tannadice - Dundee United Football Club". Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Richie Ryan signs". Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Rovers 0:4 St Pat's". Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Rovers 2:0 Drogheda Utd". Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Home - nasl.com". Retrieved 1 October 2014.