||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2015)|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
|Origin||San Francisco, United States|
|Instruments||Guitars, keyboards, bass|
|Associated acts||Lana Del Rey, Adele, Madonna, Marina and the Diamonds, Nelly Furtado, Cee-Lo Green, John Legend|
Rick Nowels is an American songwriter and record producer. He is a multi-instrumentalist and has written with, or had his songs recorded by a number of artists including Lana Del Rey, Adele, Marina and the Diamonds, Lykke Li, Jamie xx, Brandon Flowers, Madonna, Cee-Lo Green, Sia, Dido, Nelly Furtado, John Legend and Andre 3000, Tiesto, Santana, Tupac Shakur, Fleetwood Mac, Belinda Carlisle and Stevie Nicks.
Nowels co-wrote the title track for Celine Dion's album Falling into You which won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year in 1997. Additionally, Nowels co-wrote the track "White Flag" for Dido which won the 2004 Ivor Novello Award for International Hit of the Year.
Awards and nominations
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)|
- 2014: Satellite award for Best Original Song "Young And Beautiful" Lana Del Rey
- 2014: Grammy Nomination for Best Song Written for Visual Media "Young And Beautiful" Lana Del Rey
- 2011: ASCAP award for "Fallin' For You" Colbie Caillat
- 2008: Grammy Nomination for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration "Green Light" John Legend/Andre 3000
- 2005: ASCAP award for "White Flag" Dido
- 2004: Ivor Novello International Song of Year Award for "White Flag" Dido
- 2004: ASCAP song of the year for "The Game of Love" Santana ft. Michelle Branch
- 2004: ASCAP award for "The Game of Love" Santana ft. Michelle Branch
- 2000: ASCAP award for "You Get What You Give" New Radicals
- 2000: Ivor Novello nomination for "I Turn to You" Mel C
- 1996: ASCAP award for "Body and Soul" Anita Baker
- 1996: Grammy Award for Album of the Year "Falling into You" Celine Dion
- 1996: Grammy nomination for Best R and B Single "Body and Soul" Anita Baker
- 1990: ASCAP award for "Rooms on Fire" Stevie Nicks
- 1988: ASCAP award for "Heaven Is a Place on Earth" Belinda Carlisle
- 1988: Grammy nomination for Best Pop Vocal "Heaven Is a Place on Earth" Belinda Carlisle
- "Rick Nowels". Discogs. Retrieved 2015-10-02.
- "Rick Nowels Interview - Hit Songwriter & Producer". Retrieved 2015-10-02.
- "Past Winners Search". Grammy.com. Retrieved 2013-06-27.
- "POP VIEW; Playing Grammy Roulette – Page 2 – New York Times". Nytimes.com. February 26, 1995. Retrieved 2013-06-27.