|Also known as||
|Associated acts||Benny Blanco|
Push Baby (stylised in all lowercase), previously known as Rixton, are a British pop rock band formed in Manchester, England in 2012. They are signed to Scooter Braun's SB Projects. Their debut single "Me and My Broken Heart" charted internationally. The band consists of Jake Roche, Danny Wilkin, Charley Bagnall and Lewi Morgan.
- 1 Career
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Awards and nominations
- 5 Tour
- 6 Filmography
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Jake Roche (son of actor Shane Richie and former The Nolans member Coleen Nolan) and Danny Wilkin started writing together after they left school. They were later joined by Charley Bagnall through mutual friends and finally Lewi Morgan was the last addition to the band after meeting Jake through a girl he was seeing at the time. The band's was originally called Relics and their initial fame was through cover releases posted on YouTube; in an interview with Metro, Roche divulged that they had performed a number of covers of songs – "stuff like Ignition and Thong Song" and then decided to do "a more personality driven cover". Roche had heard The Nolans – of which his mother was a member – performing Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas when he was four and suggested that the band cover it. For this performance, they wore "elf ears" and created what Roche called "more of a comedy sketch". Scooter Braun saw this and offered to sign the band. This is a source of frustration to Roche given that "...Christmas" was the video that "took the least time and money and when [Braun] saw [it, they] were four mates having a laugh" and that "[Rixton] put a lot of effort into doing covers and uploading them". Soon after being signed by Braun, the band flew to New York City in August 2013 to record their EP, "Me and My Broken Heart, and Let the Road, their debut album with producer Benny Blanco.
2013–2019: Let the Road and hiatus
They later changed the band name to Rixton and they attracted attention with "Make Out", a song that involved the members lampooning famous 2013 music videos such as "Stay" by Rihanna, "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus, "Roar" by Katy Perry, "Applause" by Lady Gaga, "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke and "Beauty and a Beat" by Justin Bieber. The video was released on 22 October 2013 but it was never released as an official single. The band's debut single, "Me and My Broken Heart", was released on 11 March 2014. "Me and My Broken Heart" was released to radio on 11 March 2014 and made its premiere on KIIS FM in Los Angeles during one of JoJo Wright's shows. It has charted in Australia, Sweden, the United States and reached number 1 in the UK. "Me and My Broken Heart" went Gold on 27 May 2014 and Rixton were awarded their first Gold plaque two days later in New York City. Their first extended play, also titled Me and My Broken Heart followed on 18 March 2014. An album is underway for release through School Boy, Giant Little Man, Mad Love and Interscope Records later in 2014. Justin Bieber joined the group on stage at the SXSW Festival on 10 March 2014. They are also lined up in mid-2014 to play summer festivals across the United States and United Kingdom before returning to North America to embark on their debut tour, The Broken Heart Tour, playing in 12 US and Canadian cities. This was followed shortly after by a UK tour in November 2014. In addition, they played a pop up gig in New York which required police attendance to control the crowds. They opened for Ariana Grande on The Honeymoon Tour during the North American dates.
2019–present: Name change and upcoming second studio album
In March 2019, after a four-year hiatus, the band announced on their YouTube channel that they were retiring the Rixton band name and rebranding themselves as Push Baby. They have since signed to Scooter Braun's SRV LabelCo and Republic Records.
- Jake Roche – vocals, rhythm guitar
- Charley Bagnall – vocals, lead guitar
- Danny Wilkin – vocals, keyboards, bass guitar
- Lewi Morgan – drums, vocals
|Let the Road (as Rixton)|
|Me and My Broken Heart EP
Singles and music videos
As lead artist
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|"Me and My Broken Heart"||2014||1||43||17||6||84||91||12||46||33||69||14||Let the Road|
|"Wait on Me"||12||—||—||—||—||—||62||—||—||—||—|
|"We All Want the Same Thing"||21||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"Sorry to Interrupt"
(with Jessie J and Jhené Aiko)
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Rixton||Teen Choice Award for Choice Music Group||Nominated|
|"Me and My Broken Heart"||Teen Choice Award for Choice Single Group|
|Rixton||Teen Choice Award for Choice Music: Breakout Group|
|Rixton||Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer Music Star: Group|
|2015||Rixton||Kids' Choice Award for UK Fave Breakthrough||Won|
- Me and My Broken Heart Tour (2014)
- The Honeymoon Tour (2015) – with Ariana Grande
- X Tour (2015) – with Ed Sheeran
- Demi World Tour (2015) – with Demi Lovato
A ^ Streaming.
- "SB Management". Scooter Braun. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- staff (27 March 2014). "New boy band alert! Meet The Wanted's replacement Rixton". Metro. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Artist to Watch Alumni". MTV. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "60 Seconds". Metro. 14 July 2014: 20. Cite journal requires
- Garibaldi, Christina. "Rixton may not be naked in new video, but they're 'still a lot of fun'". MTV. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Rigby, Sam. "Rixton unveil video for debut single 'Me and My Broken Heart". Digital Spy. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Marquina, Sierra (26 March 2014). "Rixton Were 'Surprised' by Justin Bieber's Appearance at SXSW". Ryan Seacrest.
- "This Week's Fresh Music Top 20". 15 June 2014. 4Music. Missing or empty
- Cooper, Diana. "You Won't Believe Who's Joining Ariana Grande On Her Upcoming Tour!". J-14. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- "Rixton has Joined Ariana Grande on the Honeymoon Tour... Rixton has also had success in writing songs with many artists like; Ed Sheeren and Benjamin Levin and Ammar Malik and Dareo also Rob Thomoas and Stevie Mac (producer)". Fanlala. 19 September 2014. Archived from the original on 6 November 2014.
- Corner, Lewis (5 December 2016). "Is Rixton's new song about Jake's break-up with Jesy?". Digital Spy. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "push baby". YouTube.
- "Rixton change their name to Push Baby as they undergo huge rebranding". Metro. 12 March 2019. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- "British Band Rixton To Release Debut Album -- "Let The Road" -- January 6th On School Boy/Giant Little Man/Mad Love/Interscope Records". PR Newswire. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- SCHOOL BOY/GIANT LITTLE MAN/MAD LOVE/INTERSCOPE RECORDS (5 March 2014). "School Boy/Giant Little Man/Mad Love/Interscope Records Sign U.K. Newcomers Rixton".
- "Woah - EP by push baby" – via music.apple.com.
- "Rixton > UK Charts". Officialcharts.com/. Official Charts Company.
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography Rixton". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung). Archived from the original on 27 April 2014.
- "Rixton – Chart History: Billboard Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media.
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography Rixton". Danish Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Rixton". French Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Rixton". German Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography Rixton". Irish Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discografie Rixton". Dutch Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography Rixton". Swedish Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Rixton". Swiss Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- "Rixton – Chart History: The Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media.
- "Certified Awards Search" (To access, enter the search parameter "Rixton" and select "Search by Keyword"). British Phonographic Industry.
- "Rixton - Me and My Broken Heart" (in Swedish). Grammofon Leverantörernas Förening. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "Canadian digital download certifications – Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart". Music Canada.
- "push baby - mama's house". YouTube. YouTube.