|3rd Palestinian Ambassador to the United Nations|
17 September 2005
|Preceded by||Nasser al-Qudwa|
21 May 1947 |
Ramallah, Mandatory Palestine
|Alma mater||Youngstown State University and University of Akron, Ph.D in Counselling|
Riyad H. Mansour (born 21 May 1947) is a Palestinian-American diplomat and since 2005 has been the Permanent Observer of Palestine to the United Nations. Previous to Mansour's appointment to Permanent Observer, Mansour served as the Deputy Permanent Observer of Palestine to the United Nations from 1983 to 1994. In 2005, President of the Palestinian National Authority Mahmoud Abbas appointed him to succeed Nasser al-Qudwa as Permanent Observer for Palestine to the UN. Under Mansour, the Permanent Observer Mission of Palestine to the United Nations changed from being an "entity" to being a "non-Member Observer State" on 29 November 2012.
Early life and education
Mansour was born on 21 May 1947 to a refugee family who lived in Ramallah, Occupied Palestinian Territories. He has a Ph.D in Counselling from the University of Akron, a Master of Science degree in Education Counselling, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy from Youngstown State University. In 2002, Mansour served as an adjunct professor in the Political Science Department at the University of Central Florida.
- Foreign Affairs Minister of the Palestinian National Authority
- Foreign relations of the Palestine Liberation Organization
- New Permanent Observer of Palestine Presents Appointment Letter. United Nations Press Release, October 5, 2005
- Former Ambassadors, Permanent Observer Mission Of The State of Palestine to the United Nations, (Retrieved 21 December 2014).
- Press Conference by Permanent Observer of Palestine, United Nations (November 27, 2012).
- Ambassador Riyad Mansour, Permanent Observer Mission of Palestine to the United Nations - Press Conference, UN Web TV, (November 27, 2012).
- Assembly Votes Overwhelmingly to Accord Palestine ‘Non-Member Observer State’ Status in United Nations, United Nations, (29 November 2012).
- Ambassador, Permanent Observer Mission Of The State of Palestine to the United Nations, (Retrieved December 21, 2014).