|Born||29 March 1980|
Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school||Queen Anne (Dunfermline, Scotland)|
Lafayette (Wildwood, Missouri)
|NBA draft||2002 / Round: 2 / Pick: 32nd overall|
|Selected by the Memphis Grizzlies|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|Career highlights and awards|
Robert Michael Archibald (born 29 March 1980) is a Scottish former professional basketball player. A 6'11" power forward-center from the University of Illinois, he was selected by the NBA club the Memphis Grizzlies with the third pick of the second round (32nd overall) of the 2002 NBA Draft.
Archibald graduated from Lafayette High School in 1998, along with MLB player Ryan Howard. Archibald's father Bobbie was a player for Murray BC in Scotland and was capped several times for Scotland and Great Britain's national teams.
After drafting him in the second round, Memphis Grizzlies signed Archibald to a 2-year contract. After one season with the team, in which he played only 12 games, Archibald was traded alongside Brevin Knight and Cezary Trybański to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for Bo Outlaw and Jake Tsakalidis. On December 26, 2003, Archibald was traded again, this time to the Orlando Magic. A week later he was traded, for the third time that season, to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for Mengke Bateer and Remon van de Hare. He played 30 games with the Raptors. He holds NBA career averages of 1.2 points and 1.6 rebounds per game.
Archibald has played four seasons in the Euroleague with Scavolini Pesaro, Joventut Badalona and two seasons with Unicaja Málaga. In July 2011 he signed a one-year contract with CAI Zaragoza. Archibald retired after the 2012 Summer Olympics in which he represented Great Britain. 
He has represented the Scottish national basketball team at junior level. He joined the Great Britain national team as it formed in 2007. He represented Great Britain in Eurobasket 2011 and at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- "NBA Draft Board". nba.com. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- Scot's pair Make GB Euro Basket Cut[permanent dead link]
- "Suns acquire Knight, Archibald, Trybanski in Memphis trade". ESPN.com.
- "Suns Trade Archibald to Orlando - RealGM Wiretap".
- "Raptors trade Bateer to Orlando for Archibald - RealGM Wiretap".
- "Unicaja adds size with Robert Archibald". Welcome to EUROLEAGUE BASKETBALL.
- "CAI, firmato Robert Archibald". Sportando. 9 July 2011.
- "Robert Archibald will retire after London 2012". Sportando. 15 May 2012.