Robin L. Bartlett
|Born||Robin L. Bartlett|
|Institution||Denison University, Granville, Ohio, USA|
|Alma mater||Michigan State University|
|Awards||2003 recipient of the Carolyn Shaw Bell Award|
Robin L. Bartlett is a professor of economics at Denison University. She was among the founders of the International Association for Feminist Economics (IAFFE), and served as its president from 2005 to 2006.
She gives the following advice to young female economists:
First, the applause must come from within. Every time you do something and accomplish something, reward yourself with a trip to the spa, a nice dinner, time with friends, or whatever you like. It is very unusual to be recognized in this profession...Second, find a small group of colleagues you can depend upon for honest criticism and support. Third, my dissertation advisor told me 30 years ago that no matter where you end up kept your mouth shut for the first year. I don’t think I was able to heed that advice, but I think it is good advice. Finally, I learned ... to send your work out to everyone cited in your references—living or dead. Let people know you are a player. To solve the home versus work dilemmas, contract out —send out your laundry, hire a house cleaner, and get a baby sitter. It is expensive, but save scarce time for home and loved ones. Think of going to meetings and workshops as investing in you. Even if you have to pay for it yourself—do it. Network and see what other economists are doing.— "Interview with Robin Bartlett, Recipient of the 2003 Carolyn Shaw Bell Award"
- Bartlett, Robin L (1997). Introducing race and gender into economics. London New York: Routledge. ISBN 9780415162838.
- Bartlett, Robin L. (Autumn 1998). "CSWEP: 25 years at a time". The Journal of Economic Perspectives. American Economic Association. 12 (4): 177–183. JSTOR 2646901. doi:10.1257/jep.12.4.177.
- Bartlett, Robin L.; Shackelford, Jean A.; Aerni, April Laskey; Lewis, Margaret; McGoldrick, KimMarie (1999). "Toward a feminist pedagogy in economics". Feminist Economics. Taylor and Francis. 5 (1): 29–44. doi:10.1080/135457099338139.
- Bartlett, Robin L.; Brown, Lariece M. (Summer 2008). "African Americans in the US Economy, by Cecilia A. Conrad, John Whitehead, Patrick Mason and James Stewart (book review)". Eastern Economic Journal. Palgrave Macmillan. 34 (3): 410–412. doi:10.1057/palgrave.eej.9050048.
- "DR. ROBIN L. BARTLETT RECIPIENT OF THE 2003 CAROLYN SHAW BELL AWARD".
- "Faculty and staff: Robin Bartlett". Denison University. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Past presidents". International Association for Feminist Economics (IAFFE). Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Interview with Robin Bartlett, Recipient of the 2003 Carolyn Shaw Bell Award". CSWEP Newsletter. Interview with Barbara Fraumeni. 2004.
|Non-profit organisation positions|
|President of the International Association for Feminist Economics
|This biography of an American economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|