|Birth name||Ross Stuart Tong|
|Born||21 April 1961|
Wanganui, New Zealand
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (196 lb)|
|Relatives||Allan Tong (father)|
|Club||Waikato Rowing Club|
Tong was born in 1961 in Wanganui, New Zealand. His father, Allan Tong, was an Olympic rower in 1956. Along with Don Symon, Kevin Lawton, Barrie Mabbott and Brett Hollister (cox), Tong Jr. won the bronze medal in the coxed four in 1984. He is listed as New Zealand Olympian athlete number 515 by the New Zealand Olympic Committee.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Ross Tong". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Ross Tong". New Zealand Olympic Committee. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "Allan Tong". Sports Reference. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Sports Institute". St John's College, Hamilton. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Thompson, Chris (20 March 2014). "School crews in top gear". Rodney Times. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
|This article about a New Zealand Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to New Zealand rowing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|