In genetics, rs7997012 is a gene variation—a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP)—in intron 2 of the human HTR2A gene that codes for the 5-HT2A receptor. The SNP varies between adenine (A) and guanine (G) DNA bases with the G-allele being most frequent. A research study found it to be related to antidepressant treatment. The research group reported that a polymorphism (rs1954787) on another gene, the GRIK4, has also shown a treatment-response-association in this kind of treatment. In a Japanese study rs7997012 was not associated with neither major depressive disorder nor bipolar disorder.
Rs6311, rs6313 and His452Tyr (rs6314) are other SNPs in the HTR2A gene. There are many more, even in intron 2 alone.
- ^ "SNP report for rs7997012". International HapMap Project.
- ^ Francis J. McMahon, Silvia Buervenich, Dennis Charney, Robert Lipsky, A. John Rush, Alexander F. Wilson, Alexa J. M. Sorant, George J. Papanicolaou, Gonzalo Laje, Maurizio Fava, Madhukar H. Trivedi, Stephen R. Wisniewski, and Husseini Manji (May 2006). "Variation in the Gene Encoding the Serotonin 2A Receptor Is Associated with Outcome of Antidepressant Treatment". The American Journal of Human Genetics. 78 (5): 804–14. PMC 1474035 . PMID 16642436. doi:10.1086/503820. Comments:
- ^ Silvia Paddock, Gonzalo Laje, Dennis Charney, A. John Rush, Alexander F. Wilson, Alexa J.M. Sorant, Robert Lipsky, Stephen R. Wisniewski, Husseini Manji and Francis J. McMahon (August 2007). "Association of GRIK4 With Outcome of Antidepressant Treatment in the STAR*D Cohort". Am J Psychiatry. 164 (8): 1181–8. PMID 17671280. doi:10.1176/appi.ajp.2007.06111790.
- ^ Taro Kishi, Tsuyoshi Kitajima, Tomoko Tsunoka, Masashi Ikeda, Yoshio Yamanouchi, Yoko Kinoshita, Kunihiro Kawashima, Tomo Okochi, Takenori Okumura, Toshiya Inada, Norio Ozaki & Nakao Iwata (June 2009). "Genetic association analysis of serotonin 2A receptor gene (HTR2A) with bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder in the Japanese population". Neuroscience Research. 64 (2): 231–4. PMID 19428704. doi:10.1016/j.neures.2009.03.003.
- ^ "SNP linked to Gene HTR2A". NCBI. Retrieved 2008-09-08.