Rubin A. Singer
22 July 1978
|Residence||New York, New York, U.S.|
|Nationality||United States of America|
Rubin Singer is an American designer of New York City. He has created many costumes for American artists, including Shakira and Alicia Keys. His costume for Beyoncé featured in the Super Bowl half-time show on February 3, 2013. Rubin Singer and his works have been addressed dozens of articles in the press.
Singer continued a dynasty of Russian fashion. He was the son of immigrants from the USSR who after departing the Soviet Union first settled in Paris, and then in New York. His father, Alex Singer, is a third-generation designer; he designed costumes for the Bolshoi Theater and Stanislavsky theatre. His grandfather and namesake Rubin Singer created clothes for the highest officials of the USSR, including Stalin.
Singer mastered the profession in the care of his father, then went to study at Central Saint Martins in London. He then began working in New York. There he worked as an associate designer in Oscar de la Renta. Then Bill Blass scouted him and hired Singer for head designer position for Blass' three licensees. Then Singer became head designer at Kai Milla company, named after the wife of Stevie Wonder and that created the company. After two years at Kai Milla and launch of the company Singer left and focused on creating his own collection. Singer debuted with his collection during the New York Fashion Week in 2007 and has since created nine clothing collections.
- "Дизайнер Алик ЗИНГЕР" [Designer Alex Singer] (in Russian). Комсомольская правда. September 25, 2006.
- Horyn, Cathy (February 2, 2013). "Hey, Beyoncé, It's Your Look, but Maybe His Moment". The New York Times.
- "Press". RubinSinger.com. Archived from the original on 2013-02-14.
- "Алик Зингер: "Я потомственный Кремлевский модельер…"" [Alex Singer: "I hereditary Kremlin fashion ..."] (in Russian). Novostiru.ru. 10/11/2008. Archived from the original on 2013-02-14. Check date values in:
- Rubin Singer's website
- Rubin Singer Blog by Blog and Social Media Master Carlos Melia
- NEW YORKERS & CO.; The Singer Touch, Father to Son