Rupa & Co.
|Parent company||Rupa Publications India Pvt., Ltd.|
|Country of origin||India|
|Key people||D. Mehra, R. K. Mehra and Kapish Mehra|
Rupa Publications was founded in 1936 by D. Mehra at College Street in Calcutta and R. K. Mehra. Also a book distributor and importer, The logo of the company was designed by the film maker Satyajit Ray and he asked for some books as fees for his job.
Rupa Publications has published all of Chetan Bhagat's books, My Country My Life (the autobiography of L. K. Advani), some of Ramendra Kumar's and Ruskin Bond's books, and has also published Kaun Banega Crorepati - The Official Book, Pranab Mukherjee's autobiographical title the Presidential Years. According to the publishing house, their annual production stands at approximately 240 titles currently.
In 2012, Kapish Mehra, current managing director of the company launched Aleph Book Company, along with David Davidar, former CEO of Penguin-International and Ravi Singh, former CEO of Penguin-India.
- "The turnover has risen; the number of books per year has come down: Kapish Mehra". livemint.com. livemint.com. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "Press Release: Rupa Publications turns 80!". jayabhattacharjirose.com. jayabhattacharjirose.com. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "Rupa's chairman R.K. Mehra on the big changes and challenges in the publishing industry". outlookindia.com. outlookindia.com. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "Rupa & Co". Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- "Rupa & Co". Archived from the original on 11 September 2012. Retrieved 24 February 2007.
- "Pranab Mukherjee to publish book on his years as a president". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. timesofindia. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Rupa Publications: Not just Kapish Mehra's great-grandfather's company". forbesindia.com. forbesindia.com. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "Three publishing veterans push English fiction in India". Zee News. 12 April 2012.
- "We are aiming to make Aleph the premium publishing brand: David Davidar". CNN-IBN. 11 April 2012.