Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board
|Purpose||Electricity for all by 2021.|
|Sheikh Hasina, MP|
|Nasrul Hamid, MP|
Chairman of the Board
|Major General Moin Uddin|
Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board or BREB, is government organization in Dhaka, Bangladesh and is responsible for rural electrification. It is the largest power distribution organization in Bangladesh. BREB has brought all the 461 upazilas on grid under 100% electrification. Major General Moin Uddin is the present chairman of the board.
Rural Electrification Board was established in 1977. It implements electrification of rural areas in Bangladesh and builds electrics lines and sub stations. It counterpart Bangladesh Power Development Board manages electric distribution in urban areas. Palli Bidyut Samities in a subsidiary of the board and acts as a consumer cooperative. The board has expanded rural electric connections rapidly. It has taken some market shares of solar energy.
Member of Board
There are 12 member of board.
- Member Admin
- Member Finance
- Member Distribution and Operation
- Member Planing and Development
- Member Samity Management
- Member BSCIC
- Member BADC
- Member PGCB
- Member ICAB
- Member BRDB
- Member BPDB
- Barisal Zone
- Chattagram Zone
- Dhaka Zone
- Khulna Zone
- Mymensingh Zone
- Rajshahi Zone
- Rangpur Zone
- Sylhet Zone
List of Palli Bidyut Samity
There are 80 subsidiaries of BREB.
- Mymensingh Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Mymensingh Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Mymensingh Palli Bidyut Samity-3
- Tangail Palli Bidyut Samity
- Pabna Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Pabna Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Dhaka Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka Palli Bidyut Samity-3
- Dhaka Palli Bidyut Samity-4
- Gazipur Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Gazipur Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Netrokona Palli Bidyut Samity
- Chattagram Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Chattagram Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Feni Palli Bidyut Samity
- Comilla Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Comilla Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Comilla Palli Bidyut Samity-3
- Comilla Palli Bidyut Samity-4
- Chattagram Palli Bidyut Samity-3
- Chandpur Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Chandpur Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Cox'sbazar Palli Bidyut Samity
- Narayanganj Palli Bidyut Samity
- Sylhet Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Sylhet Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Sunamganj Palli Bidyut Samity
- Kishoreganj Palli Bidyut Samity
- Jamalpur Palli Bidyut Samity
- Khulna Palli Bidyut Samity
- Barishal Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Barishal Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dinajpur Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Dinajpur Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Jhalakathi Palli Bidyut Samity
- Munshiganj Palli Bidyut Samity
- Shariyatpur Palli Bidyut Samity
- Madaripur Palli Bidyut Samity
- Faridpur Palli Bidyut Samity
- Gaibandha Palli Bidyut Samity
- Gopalganj Palli Bidyut Samity
- Bagerhat Palli Bidyut Samity
- Bhola Palli Bidyut Samity
- Bogra Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Bogra Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Bhrammanbaria Palli Bidyut Samity
- Chapainawabganj Palli Bidyut Samity
- Habiganj Palli Bidyut Samity
- Jessore Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Jessore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Jhenaidaha Palli Bidyut Samity
- Jaypurhat Palli Bidyut Samity
- Kustia Palli Bidyut Samity
- Kuri-lal Palli Bidyut Samity
- LakkhipurPalli Bidyut Samity
- Magura Palli Bidyut Samity
- Manikganj Palli Bidyut Samity
- Meherpur Palli Bidyut Samity
- Moulavibazar Palli Bidyut Samity
- Naogaon Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Naogaon Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Narasingdhi Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Narasingdhi Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Narayanganj Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Nilphamari Palli Bidyut Samity
- Noakhali Palli Bidyut Samity
- Patuakhali Palli Bidyut Samity
- Pirojpur Palli Bidyut Samity
- Rajbari Palli Bidyut Samity
- Rajshahi Palli Bidyut Samity
- Rangpur Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Rangpur Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Sherpur Palli Bidyut Samity
- Sirajgonj Palli Bidyut Samity-1
- Sirajgonj Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Shatkhira Palli Bidyut Samity
- Thakurgaon Palli Bidyut Samity
Central Ware House
- Central Ware House,Dhaka.
- Central Ware House,Khulna.
- Central Ware House,Chattagram.
- "Rural Electrification Board". Banglapedia. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Power Plants". Banglapedia. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "461 upazilas on grid brought under 100% power coverage". Dhaka Tribune.
- "Kalsindur village lit up". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Singapore to set up 1,400-MW plant at Maheshkhali - Energy Bangla". Energy Bangla. 9 December 2015. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Power Development Board". Banglapedia. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Rural Electrification". Banglapedia. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Solar energy dims as grid power expands". The Daily Star. 25 August 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.