Russell Hobbs, Inc
Russell Hobbs, Inc. (formerly Salton, Inc.) (not to be confused with the British Company of the same name) was a United States company based in Florida that manufactured home appliances, most notably the George Foreman grill and Russell Hobbs appliances. In June 2010, Russell Hobbs, Inc. was taken over by and became part of Spectrum Brands.
In 2001, Salton bought the UK housewares and personal care company Pifco Group, which included the brands of Russell Hobbs, Carmen and Tower.
In December 2007, Salton merged with another small household appliance business, Applica Incorporated, which owned the LitterMaid brand and a license to the Black and Decker brand for home appliances. Applica then became a wholly owned subsidiary of Salton, Inc. In December 2009, the combined company changed its name to Russell Hobbs, Inc.
A Canadian company with the name Salton Appliances (1985) Corp. continues to operate in the home appliance sector as an independent entity. There has never been any connection between Russell Hobbs, Inc. (formerly Salton, Inc.) and Salton Appliances (1985) Corp., which sells small kitchen appliances widely under Salton, Toastess, Delfino and private brands throughout the United States, Canada and Latin America.
- "Salton buys up Pifco Group". AllBusiness. 1 June 2001. Archived from the original on 25 June 2009. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- Bloomberg News (8 August 2001). "Company News: Salton Buying Westclox, Big Ben and Spartus Brands". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- "Salton, Inc. Announces Exclusive Licensing Agreement With Westinghouse; Salton Granted Right to Use Westinghouse Brand Name & Circle W Trademark". Business Wire. April 22, 2002.
- "Summary of SALTON INC - Yahoo! Finance". 2007-11-13. Retrieved 2008-10-22.[dead link]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110413080902/http://www.russellhobbsinc.com/about/ Official site, About us (archived 2011-04-13)
- http://www.salton.com/ According to the ICANN registration database, this domain was created on 1996-07-23 and as of January 2015 it is registered to Salton Appliances (1985) Corporation, 81A Brunswick Blvd., Dollard Des Ormeaux, Quebec, Canada. Phone: +1 514-685-3660; Fax: +1 514-685-8300
- Newman, Judy (2010-06-23). "What to expect from the Spectrum Brands acquisition of Russell Hobbs". Wisconsin State Journal. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- www.applicainc.com — Applica official site
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|