August 2, 1911|
Maui, Hawaii, U.S
|Died||September 3, 1987
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Wescoatt began his acting career with The Vigilante in 1947 as Garrity (uncredited). His next serial was The Sea Hound as Singapore Manson. In 1948, Wescoatt was in Superman, a 15-part black-and-white Columbia film serial, based on the comic book character Superman as Elton in chapters 7–15. In 1948, he was in Congo Bill as Ivan. He would play a number of henchmen roles in B-Westerns and serials Wescoatt's main studio for serial mayhem was Columbia. His screen persona was usually a bully who, often had more brawn than brains, did the physical labor according to the strict orders given by the brains heavy.
In 1950, Wescoatt was uncredited as Maklee Native in Jungle Manhunt. In 1955, he was in Gang Busters as Mike Denike (archive footage). Also in 1955, he was in Tarantula, a science fiction film from Universal-International, produced by William Alland, directed by Jack Arnold, as a driver (uncredited).
Wescoatt would guest star in a number id television shows including The Adventures of Kit Carson, The Lone Ranger, Death Valley Days, Hopalong Cassidy, Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok, Buffalo Bill, Jr., Sergeant Preston of the Yukon, Sky King, Gunsmoke, Perry Mason, 77 Sunset Strip, Maverick, Bat Masterson, The Twilight Zone, Lawman, and The Legend of Jesse James.
- The Vigilante (1947)
- The Sea Hound (1947)
- Superman (1948)
- Congo Bill (1948)
- Bruce Gentry (1949)
- Batman and Robin (1949)
- The Adventures of Sir Galahad (1949)
- Cody of the Pony Express (1950)
- Atom Man vs. Superman (1950)
- Roar of the Iron Horse (1951)
- Mysterious Island (1951)
- Captain Video (1951)
- King of the Congo (1952)
- Perils of the Wilderness (1956)
- Jungle Jim in Pygmy Island (1950)
- Jungle Jim's Captive Girl (1950)
- Jungle Manhunt (1951)
- Gang Busters (1955)
- Tarantula (1955)
- Touch of Evil (1958)
- The Three Stooges Meet Hercules (1959)
- The Silent Call (1961)
- The Three Stooges in Orbit (1962)
- Gypsy (1962)
- Morituri (1965)
- The Adventures of Kit Carson (1952–53)
- The Lone Ranger (1952)
- Death Valley Days (1952–59)
- The Gene Autry Show (1953)
- Hopalong Cassidy (1953)
- The Roy Rogers Show (1953–57)
- Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok (1953–58)
- Captain Midnight (1954)
- Buffalo Bill, Jr. (1955)
- Sergeant Preston of the Yukon (1956)
- The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin (1956)
- Sky King (1956-59)
- Gunsmoke (1957)
- Tales of the Texas Rangers (1957)
- Perry Mason (1957)
- 77 Sunset Strip (1958)
- Maverick (1958-60)
- Bat Masterson (1959)
- The Twilight Zone (1960)
- Surfside 6 (1960)
- Lawman (1962)
- The Legend of Jesse James (1965)
- "Rusty Wescoatt". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- "Rusty Wescoat". Three Stooges. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "Filmography". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company. p. 245. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "Filmography". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company. p. 246. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "Filmography". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company. p. 247. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "Filmography". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company. p. 248. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
- Kjeld, Pollux Variste. Rusty Wescoatt. ISBN 9786200247605.
- Tarantula at the American Film Institute Catalog