SIG Sauer 1911
|SIG Sauer GSR|
SIG Sauer GSR
|Place of origin||United States|
|Designed||1911 and 2004|
|Barrel length||standard model: 5"
Carry model: 4"
Compact model: 3.5"
|Cartridge||.45 ACP (11.43 mm)|
|Feed system||8-round standard detachable box magazine|
The SIG Sauer GSR ("Granite Series Rail") is a series of pistols with a stainless steel frame and slide based on the M1911 by SIG Sauer. The SIG Granite Series was awarded the 2004 Handgun of the Year Award by the Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence. It is entirely made in the USA, from American parts.
Chambered for the .45 ACP round, some GSR models have an accessory rail that can be used to mount a variety of different tactical lights, lasers, or just about anything that can accommodate a Picatinny rail. Standard models have a 5" barrel and 4.5-pound single-action trigger. The GSR is reported to have produced range results of a 1.5" group at 25 meters. The GSR comes in compact (3.5" barrel) and carry models (4" barrel) and has various sight options available. SIG offers choice of a stainless steel finish, a Nitron dark finish, or a two-tone Nitron and stainless look.
- Ayoob, Massad (October 1, 2004). "Use these dealer-proven tips to sell more SIG pistols". Shooting Industry. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- "SIG Arms Granite Series Rail 1911". Police Magazine. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Ayoob, Massad (2004). The Gun Digest Book of SIG-Sauer: A Complete Look at SIG-Sauer Pistols. Iola, Wisconsin: Gun Digest Books. pp. 100–109. ISBN 1-4402-2713-6.
- Lee, Jerry (2013). Gun Digest 2014. Iola, Wisconsin: Krause Publications. pp. 414–415. ISBN 978-1-4402-3542-9.
- Media related to SIG GSR at Wikimedia Commons