SIG Sauer SSG 3000
|SIG Sauer SSG 3000 Patrol|
|Place of origin||Germany|
|Used by||See Users|
|Mass||5.44 kg (11.99 lb)|
|Length||1,180 mm (46.5 in)|
|Barrel length||600 mm (23.6 in)|
|Width||95 mm (3.7 in)|
|Height||152 mm (6.0 in)|
|Muzzle velocity||800 m/s (2,625 ft/s) - 830 m/s (2,723 ft/s)|
|Effective firing range||900 m (984 yd)|
|Feed system||5-round detachable internal magazine|
The SIG Sauer SSG 3000 Patrol is a bolt-action, magazine fed rifle chambered in 7.62×51mm NATO. It was developed in Germany. It is a common law enforcement sniper rifle in both Europe and the United States. The SSG 3000 was developed by SIG Sauer GMBH and is well renowned for its high quality.
It comes in two barrel lengths either 18" or 23.5". The Patrol models action is imported from Germany and mated to a USA made stock by SIG Sauer, NH.The SSG 3000 typically sold in the United States is known for having two stock options. The first stock was created by McMillan USA and is a robust fiberglass aluminum design. The second stock design is an aluminum bedded composite stock, of an OEM design.
Regardless of the country of final assembly, the SIG 3000 has an uncommon feature: the barrel can be replaced in under 15 minutes by removing the stock, three screws, and then properly reinserting the new barrel and screws. There are several vendors that make drop-in replacement barrels in 6/6.5 Creedmoor, 260 Remington, 308 Winchester, and other cartridges based on the 7.62x51mm cartridge standard.
- Argentina: Used by Grupo Albatros
- Chile: Used by Army of Chile
- China Used by People's Armed Police
- Czech Republic: Used by Czech Police
- Egypt: Used by Unit 777
- El Salvador: Used by the National Civil Police.
- Hong Kong: Used by Special Duties Unit
- India: Used by the National Security Guard.
- Latvia: Supplied to the Latvian National Guard.
- Norway: Used by the Emergency Response Unit).
- Slovakia: Used by the Slovak Police Útvar Osobitného Určenia ("special assignments unit").
- South Korea: Used by the Republic of Korea Marine Corps.
- Thailand: Used by Royal Thai Army
- Turkey: Used by Special Forces.
- Mexico: Used by Mexican Special Forces.
- "Gun Review: Sig Sauer SSG 3000 Patrol 7.62mm". tactical-life.com. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "SIG-Sauer SSG 3000 Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle - Switzerland".
- ": Neue Vorwürfe gegen Sig Sauer wegen Waffenlieferungen in Krisenregionen". 20 July 2014 – via Spiegel Online.
- Montes, Julio A. (May 2000). "Infantry Weapons of the Salvadoran Forces". Small Arms Review. Vol. 3 no. 8.
- "Military Issued Sniper Rifles - Sniper Central".
- "Zemessargs vairs lupatas nelasa".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 12 March 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2010.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "일발필중! 해병대 특수수색대 스나이퍼". www.rokmcus.com. Archived from the original on 15 December 2014.
|This firearms-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|