Sabitha Indra Reddy
Sabitha Indira Reddy
|Minister of Home, Jail, and Disaster Management|
|Minister of Mines and Geology|
|Member of Legislative Assembly from Chevella|
5 May 1963|
|Spouse(s)||Late P. Indra Reddy|
Sabitha was born on 5 May 1963 at Tandur to G. Mahipal Reddy. She completed her education till B.Sc and has been a Member of the Legislative Assembly of Andhra Pradesh for two terms from Chevella assembly constituency.
She was married to P. Indra Reddy (1954-2000) who was the Home Minister in N. T. Rama Rao's Cabinet and has three sons.
In 2011, Central Bureau of Investigation arrested V. D. Rajagopal and Y. Srilakshmi, as third and fourth accused respectively in the investigation into illegal mining by Obulapuram Mining Company. The permission for mining in Anantapur was for captive mining, i.e. the ore mined in that region is to be used in the local steel plant and not to be exported. Srilakshmi is accused of dropping the term "captive mining" in the final order approving a mining license to Obulapuram. Y. Srilakshmi suggested that this was done at the insistence of the former Minister of Mines and current Andhra Pradesh Home minister Sabitha Indra Reddy. However the CBI defended the Home minister saying there was no justification for the official to blame the Minister. As of April 2013, Sabitha Indra Reddy submitted her resignation letter from the Cabinet after the CBI named her as an accused in the Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy illegal investments case.
- "Sabitha, first A.P. woman Home Minister". The Hindu. 27 May 2009. Archived from the original on 15 July 2011.
- "Sri Lakshmi arrested in illegal mining case". The Hindu. 29 November 2011.
- "Rajagopal has role in 'benami' mining: CBI". The Hindu.
- "Srilakshmi sent to Chanchalguda jail". The Hindu.
- "Rajagopal, Sri Lakshmi accused of fraud". The Hindu.
- "Srilakshmi blames Sabita". The Hindu.
- "Sabitha listed as witness in OMC charge sheet". The Hindu.
- "CBI defends Sabita". The Hindu.
- "CBI names Sabita in chargesheet as accused". Deccan Chronicle.
|This article about a Telangana politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|