SA1 Swansea Waterfront
SA1 Swansea Waterfront (colloquially: SA1) is the marketing name given to the brownfield development area located in northern part of Swansea Docks. The area is located directly to the southeast of Swansea city centre. It is bordered by the Fabian Way to the north and covers the Prince of Wales Dock area.
The development will be a commercial and residential mix. The forecast outputs are 2,900 new jobs, about 2,000+ new apartments and houses, 65,000 m² (700,000 sq ft) of business/offices; 29,000 m² (312,000 sq ft) of commercial leisure; 26,400 m² (284,200 sq ft) of hotel development; 23,200 m² (249,700 sq ft) of institutional facilities; 1,015 m² (10,930 sq ft) of on shore marina facilities.
As of October 2008, completed projects include:
- Two Swansea Technium business innovation centres developed jointly by the Welsh Development Agency and Swansea University to encourage more high-tech companies to locate or start up in the city;
- Offices for UK law firm Morgan Cole (although they have since relocated);
- Admiral Group House (née Cyprium) offices leased by Admiral Insurance;
- Ellipse: 55,000 sq ft (5,100 m2) speculative Grade A office development by Babcock and Brown leased by VOSA;
- Ethos Project offices; and 
- Langdon House: 42,000 sq ft (3,900 m2) offices by Broadhall Wharfedale.
- Altamar: 158 residential apartments by Bellway Homes;
- Llys Hafan: 54 affordable housing units by Gwalia Housing Group;
- Mariner's Court: 79 Retirement apartments by Coastal Housing Group 
- South Quay: 165 residential apartments by Quest Properties;
Mixed and other developments
- the dismantling and reassembly of the Grade II Listed Norwegian Church;
- Ice House bistro wine bar and restaurant complex;
- J Shed warehouse converted into commercial space including offices and restaurants;
- Waterfront Community Church;
- De Vere Village Hotel and Leisure Club; and 
- a dental referral centre.
Projects under construction or in the pipeline include:
- a private hospital;
- new lock tidal basin connecting the Prince of Wales Dock directly with the River Tawe and berthing for 400 boats;
- Discovery Leisure Quarter, scheduled to accommodate a multiplex cinema/bowling/casino/restaurant unit together with residential and student accommodation. A multi-storey car park is also part of the plan.
- 69 homes overlooking the Prince of Wales Dock by Coastal Housing Group;
- 63,000sqft of commercial space by Waterstone Estates, including a 132 bed hotel and supermarket store;
- A new campus for the University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
- plus a range of office developments and housing.
- "SA1 Developments to date". Welsh Assembly Government. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- WalesOnline: Vehicle agency motors to gateway
- New Ethos for Swansea Technium companies
- "Minutes of the regeneration and culture scrutiny board held at County Hall, Swansea on Wednesday, 12th December 2007 AT 3.00 P.M.". City and County of Swansea council. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- Evening Post: SA1 Flats project
- Evening Post: £9.2 million development
- BBC News - Swansea waterfront campus plan for university
- "Private sector investment in SA1 set to double". Welsh Assembly Government. 2006-09-29. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- SA1 Swansea Waterfront official website with information about the regeneration project
- City and County of Swansea Public and Educational information and photographs about the Waterfront Community Church
- Technium Swansea