Saint Sinner (film)
|Written by||Clive Barker (story)
Doris Egan (screenplay)
Hans Rodionoff (screenplay)
|Directed by||Joshua Butler|
William B. Davis
|Theme music composer||Christopher Lennertz|
|Country of origin||United States
|Producer(s)||Oscar L. Costo|
|Running time||90 min.|
|Production company(s)||Seraphim Films|
Saint Sinner (full title Clive Barker Presents Saint Sinner) is a 2002 horror TV-movie written by Doris Egan and Hans Rodionoff based on a short story by executive producer Clive Barker. It was directed by Joshua Butler. Aside from the title, it is unrelated to the comic-book series published by Marvel Comics' Razorline imprint and created by Barker. In this movie, an immortal monk hunts down two succubi. It premiered on the U.S. Sci Fi Channel on October 26, 2002.
In 1815 California, Father Michael, an emissary of Pope Pius VII, has traveled to meet with novice monk Brother Tomas. The young monk's order serves as the secret repository for evil, supernatural objects collected by the Church, and kept there for safekeeping. Michael delivers an ancient statue that has trapped two beautiful female demons, Munkar and Nakir. Tomas and his friend Brother Gregory inadvertently release the murderous demons, who travel to the 21st century using the monastery's Wheel of Time. To redeem himself, Tomas pursues them to present-day Seattle, Washington, where he allies with police detective Rachel Dressler to recapture the homicidal terrors.
- Greg Serano . . . . . . Brother Tomas
- Gina Ravera . . . . . . Det. Rachel Dressler
- Mary Mara . . . . . . Munkar
- Rebecca Harrell . . . . . . Nakir
- William B. Davis . . . . . . Father Michael
- Antonio Cupo . . . . . . Brother Gregory
- Jay Brazeau . . . . . . Abbot
- Simon Wong . . . . . . Wade
- Boyan Vukelic . . . . . . Playland Guard
- Brian Drummond . . . . . . Officer #1
- Peter Bryant . . . . . . Officer #2
- Lisa Dahling . . . . . . Officer #3
- Kris Pope . . . . . . Brother Rafael
- Robin Mossley . . . . . . Clark
- Donna Yamamoto . . . . . . Irate mother
- Justine Wong . . . . . . Little girl
- David Thomson . . . . . . Vince
- "Clive Barker Presents Saint Sinner from SCI FI Channel". CliveBarker.com. Archived from the original on December 30, 2010.
- "Clive Barker Presents Saint Sinner". Official site (Sci Fi Channel). Archived from the original on December 7, 2002.
- Huddleston, Kathie (October 21, 2002). "Clive Barker Presents Saint Sinner: Deadly temptresses travel through time in Clive Barker's tale of seduction, horror and redemption". Science Fiction Weekly (SciFi.com). Archived from the original on June 25, 2003.
- Saint Sinner at the Internet Movie Database
- Saint Sinner at Rotten Tomatoes