Sally Fraser (born December 12, 1932) is an American actress who appeared on television and in numerous films. She became best known for appearing in low-budget science fiction films of the 1950s.
Born in Williston, North Dakota, Fraser moved to Southern California with her family after spending a few years in Minneapolis. Spotted after singing on a local TV show, she was encouraged to take drama lessons and eventually gained experience in stage plays. On television she appeared opposite Tyler MacDuff in the episode "The Saga of Clement O'Toole" of the western series, Annie Oakley. She also appeared on Guy Madison's series, The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok. She was in the 1954 TV presentation of A Christmas Carol starring Fredric March, in the role of "Belle, sweetheart of Scrooge's youth, and as the Spirit of Christmas Past."
On May 27, 1954, Fraser was part of the Anderson family in a pilot for the television version of Father Knows Best. The pilot was broadcast as an episode of Ford Television Theatre. Fraser played the older daughter but (as with all others in the family except Robert Young) was not cast as part of the regular series.
In 1955, Fraser (along with Jil Jarmyn) completed two pilot episodes of Behind the Scenes (not to be confused with a latter Public Broadcasting Service series of the same name), a series about the "adventures of two girls trying for movie careers in Hollywood."
Fraser eventually became typecast in low budget 1950s sci-fi films. She played a wife possessed by aliens in the Roger Corman film It Conquered the World (1956), the sister of the titular monster in War of the Colossal Beast (1958), and a mother protecting her baby in Earth vs. the Spider (1958). She was briefly onscreen as the United Nations receptionist who introduces Cary Grant's character to Philip Ober's Lester Townsend in Hitchcock's North by Northwest also Giant from the unknown1958 .
- Sally Fraser (I) - Biography
- Brooks, T. and Marsh, E.: The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Ballantine, 1988
- Inman, D.: The TV Encyclopedia, Putnam, 1991
- Crater, Rufus (December 20, 1954). fraser%22 "'Carol' in Color" Check
|url=value (help) (PDF). Broadcasting. p. 35. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- Terrace, Vincent (2011). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010 (2nd ed.). McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 336. ISBN 9780786486410. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Behind the Scenes" (PDF). Broadcasting. July 11, 1955. p. 28. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- Sally Fraser - The Private Life and Times of Sally Fraser. Sally Fraser Pictures