|Alma mater||University of Buenos Aires|
|Genre||Short story, Novel|
Samanta Schweblin (born 1978) is an Argentine Spanish-language author currently living in Berlin. She has published three collections of short stories, a novella and a novel, besides stories that have appeared in anthologies and magazines such as The New Yorker, Granta,The Drawbridge, Harper’s Magazine and McSweeney’s.
She has won numerous prestigious awards around the world and her books have been translated into more than thirty languages and adapted for film.
In 2002, Schweblin published her first book El núcleo del Disturbio (The Nucleus of Disturbances), which won an award from Argentina's National Endowment for the Arts. In 2008, she won the Casa de las Americas award for her short story collection Mouthful of Birds. Her third collection of short-stories, Siete casas vacías (Seven Empty Houses) was published in 2015. Her first novel Distancia de Rescate, literally “Rescue distance”, but translated into English as Fever Dream, won the 2015 Tigre Juan Award, and was shortlisted for the 2017 Man Booker International Prize.
In 2019 she was nominated for the Man Booker International Prize for the English translation by American literary translator Megan McDowell of Mouthful of Birds, which won the 2017 Shirley Jackson Award. In 2020 she was again longlisted for the Man Booker International Prize, for Kentukis (Little Eyes), also translated by McDowell.
- 2002, El núcleo del disturbio (ISBN 950-732-034-2)
- 2009, Pájaros en la boca (ISBN 978-84-264-1748-0)
- 2014, Distancia de rescate (ISBN 978-987-3650-44-4)
- 2015, Siete casas vacías (ISBN 978-84-8393-185-1)
- 2018, Kentukis (ISBN 978-84-3973-489-5)
- "Samanta Schweblin". Penguin Randomhouse. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- ""The Size of Things"". The New Yorker. 22 May 2017.
- "Olingiris". 25 November 2010.
- Schweblin, Samanta. "Killing a dog". The Drawbridge. No. 13. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Rohter, Larry (1 October 2010). "Granta's List of Rising Literary Stars Spotlights Spanish-Language Authors" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Samanta Schweblin gana el premio literario Tigre Juan" [Samanta Schweblin Wins the Tigre Juan Literary Award]. El Universal (in Spanish). Oviedo. 26 November 2015. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "Fever Dream | The Booker Prizes". thebookerprizes.com.
- "Mouthful of Birds | The Man Booker Prizes". themanbookerprize.com. 2019. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "The Shirley Jackson Awards » 2017 Shirley Jackson Award Winners".
- "Little Eyes | The Booker Prizes". thebookerprizes.com.
- "Distancia de rescate | Sitio oficial de Netflix". www.netflix.com.