|Alma mater||University of Buenos Aires|
|Genre||Short story, Novel|
Samanta Schweblin (born 1978) is an Argentine Spanish-language author, who has published three collection of short stories, a novella and a novel, besides having stories published in anthologies and magazines. Her work has won numerous awards and has been translated in more than 20 languages including English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Serbian, and Swedish. She resides in Berlin.
Schweblin was born in Buenos Aires. In 2002, she published her first book El núcleo del Disturbio (The Nucleus of Disturbances), which won an award from Argentina's National Fund of the Arts and first place at the Harold Conti National Contest. In 2008, she won the Casa de las Americas award for her short-story collection Mouthful of Birds. Her third collection of short-stories, Siete casas vacías (Seven Empty Houses) was published in 2015. Her first novel Distancia de Rescate (lit. Rescue distance), translated into English as Fever Dream, won the 2015 Tigre Juan Award, and was nominated for the 2017 Man Booker International Prize.
Schweblin was included in the anthologies Quand elles se glissent dans la peau d'un homme (Éditions Michalon, Francia, 2007),Una terraza propia (Norma, 2006), La joven guardia (Norma, 2005), and Cuentos Argentinos (Siruela, España, 2004), among others. An English translation of her story Killing a Dog was published in the Summer 2009 issue of the London-based quarterly newspaper The Drawbridge. Translations of her stories have also been published in The New Yorker and Granta.
- 2002, El núcleo del disturbio (ISBN 950-732-034-2)
- 2009, Pájaros en la boca (ISBN 978-84-264-1748-0)
- 2014, Distancia de rescate (ISBN 978-987-3650-44-4)
- 2015, Siete casas vacías (ISBN 978-84-8393-185-1)
- 2018, Kentukis (ISBN 978-84-3973-489-5)
- "Samanta Schweblin". Penguin Randomhouse. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Samanta Schweblin". Granta. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Samanta Schweblin gana el premio literario Tigre Juan" [Samanta Schweblin Wins the Tigre Juan Literary Award]. El Universal (in Spanish). Oviedo. 26 November 2015. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- Treisman, Deborah (22 May 2017). "This Week in Fiction: Samanta Schweblin on an Adult Man's Infantilization". The New Yorker. ISSN 0028-792X. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
- Schweblin, Samanta. "Killing a dog". The Drawbridge (13). Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Schweblin, Samanta (29 May 2017). "The size of things". The New Yorker. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Schweblin, Samanta. "Olingiris". Granta 113: The best of young Spanish-language novelists (Winter 2010). Granta.
- Rohter, Larry (1 October 2010). "Granta Names 22 'Best of Young Spanish-Language Novelists'". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- "Mouthful of Birds | The Man Booker Prizes". themanbookerprize.com. 2019. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Samanta Schweblin|