|Date of birth||24 January 1989|
|Place of birth||Montfermeil, France|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2012||→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)||9||(1)|
|2012–2016||Queens Park Rangers||14||(0)|
|2014||→ Watford (loan)||6||(0)|
|2014–2015||→ Ittihad FC (loan)||7||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:00, 25 October 2014 (UTC).
Samba Diakité (born 24 January 1989) is a French-born Malian footballer who plays as a midfielder and is currently a free agent after leaving Queens Park Rangers. He plays for the Mali national football team.
Diakité played for Le Bourget and Torcy, before joining Nancy in 2007.
On 27 December 2009, he signed his first professional contract after agreeing to a two-year deal with Nancy. He made his professional debut on 27 January 2010 in a Coupe de France match against Plabennec.
Queens Park Rangers (loan)
On 29 January 2012, he agreed a deal to join Premier League team Queens Park Rangers on loan for the remainder of the season with a view to a permanent switch in the summer of 2012. He made his debut on 25 February 2012 in a 1–0 defeat, at home against Fulham, where he was sent-off after just 33 minutes for a second bookable offence. Diakité scored his first goal, a winning goal, for Queens Park Rangers in a 2–1 victory over London rivals Arsenal on 31 March 2012.
Queens Park Rangers
On 27 June, it was announced by Queens Park Rangers that they had completed the permanent signing of Diakité on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee believed to be £3.5million. Up until his loan move to Watford, he made 14 appearances for the R's that season.
On 31 January 2014, Diakité joined Watford on loan for the remainder of the 2013–14 season.
Ittihad FC (loan)
On 19 July 2014, Diakité joined Ittihad FC on a season long loan. He was recalled by Queens Park Rangers at the end of the January transfer window, having made seven appearances and scoring one goal, during his time at the Saudi Arabian club.
On 24 January 2012, he made his senior international debut for Mali at the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations, in the 1–0 victory against Guinea. In total, he has made nineteen appearances for his country, scoring four goals. His form for his country in the tournament helped them reach the semi-finals, and helped earn him a move to Queens Park Rangers.
- As of 10 May 2016
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Queens Park Rangers (loan)||2011–12||Premier League||9||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||9||1|
|Queens Park Rangers||2012–13||14||0||0||0||1||0||0||0||15||0|
|Queens Park Rangers total||23||1||0||0||2||0||0||0||25||1|
|Ittihad (loan)||2014–15||Saudi League||7||1||—||0||0||2[d]||0||9||1|
- As of match played 9 February 2013 
|National team||Year||Major competition|
|Mali||2012||2012 Africa Cup of Nations||5||0|
|2013||2013 Africa Cup of Nations||4||0|
Diakité was born in Montfermeil, Seine-Saint-Denis.
- "Premier League Player Profile Samba Diakité". Premier League. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- "S. Diakité passe pro". Mercato365 (in French). 27 December 2009. Retrieved 11 December 2010.
- "Samba Diakité". AS Nancy (in French). 14 May 2010. Retrieved 11 December 2010.
- "Nancy v. Plabennec Match Report". Ligue de Football Professionnel (in French). 27 January 2010. Retrieved 11 December 2010.
- Austin, Simon. "QPR set to add Lazio striker Cisse after doing Diakite deal". BBC Sport. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "QPR 0–1 Fulham". BBC Sport. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- "QPR 2–1 Arsenal". BBC Sport. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Diakité Signs R's Deal". QPR F.C. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Queens Park Rangers sign Samba Diakité on four-year deal from Nancy". London: The Guardian. 27 June 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "OFFICIAL: Samba Signs". Watford FC. 31 January 2014.
- "Samba Diakité". Soccerway. Retrieved 22 August 2015.