San Francisco Township, Carver County, Minnesota
|San Francisco Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||24.0 sq mi (62.2 km2)|
|• Land||23.1 sq mi (60.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.9 sq mi (2.3 km2)|
|Elevation||879 ft (268 m)|
|• Density||38.4/sq mi (14.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0665551|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 24.0 square miles (62.2 km²), of which 23.1 square miles (60.0 km²) is land and 0.9 square miles (2.3 km²) (3.66%) is water.
- Hallquist Lake
- Horse Shoe Lake
- Johnson Lake
- Kelly Lake
- Long Lake
- Lundquist Lake
- Rapid Lake
- Scott Lake
- Dahlgren Township (north)
- Louisville Township, Scott County (east)
- Sand Creek Township, Scott County (east)
- St. Lawrence Township, Scott County (southeast)
- Faxon Township, Sibley County (west)
- Hancock Township (west)
- Benton Township (northwest)
The township contains Swedish Methodist Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 888 people, 293 households, and 242 families residing in the township. The population density was 38.4 people per square mile (14.8/km²). There were 300 housing units at an average density of 13.0/sq mi (5.0/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.99% White, 0.11% Asian, 0.23% from other races, and 0.68% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.01% of the population.
There were 293 households out of which 43.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 74.1% were married couples living together, 4.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.1% were non-families. 11.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.03 and the average family size was 3.33.
In the township the population was spread out with 31.6% under the age of 18, 6.0% from 18 to 24, 31.6% from 25 to 44, 24.3% from 45 to 64, and 6.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 114.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 110.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $68,889, and the median income for a family was $70,313. Males had a median income of $43,750 versus $30,069 for females. The per capita income for the township was $24,734. None of the families and 0.5% of the population were living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and none of those over 64.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - San Francisco Township total population
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 84.