|Sarah-Elizabeth Langford Reed|
|Title||First Lady of the City of Atlanta
Miss District of Columbia USA 2005
Miss District of Columbia 2002
Sarah-Elizabeth Langford Reed (born September 28, 1979) is the first lady of Atlanta and a former beauty pageant titleholder. Langford is the wife of the 59th and current Mayor of Atlanta, Kasim Reed. She competed in the Miss America pageant in 2002 and the Miss USA pageant in 2005.
Langford is a native of Atlanta. Her late father, Senator Arthur Langford Jr., was a minister and a Georgia State Senator and her mother an attorney and prominent community leader. Both her father and husband have held the same District 35 State Senate seat.
Langford attended Pace Academy where she attended kindergarten through 12th grade. She then graduated from the University of Michigan in 2000 with a degree in French and received her J.D. from Howard University School of Law in 2003. While in law school, she worked for United States Congressman John Lewis. After graduating she worked for the D.C. Office of General Counsel for five years and later as an affordable housing developer for National Church Residences for eight years. Langford currently works for National Church Residences and consults with real estate developers on affordable and supportive housing projects. In February 2017, Governor Nathan Deal appointed her to the Georgia Board of Regents. She is an advocate for the arts and serves on boards including the Atlanta Children's Museum and the nonprofit BIH.
Langford held the Miss District of Columbia 2002 and Miss District of Columbia USA 2005 titles and competed at Miss America 2003 and Miss USA 2005. She also won $50,000 on the NBC hit show Fear Factor, a promotional appearance for Miss USA.
Langford married Kasim Reed on She and her husband have one daughter, Maria Kristan Reed.
- "Miss America 2003 Contestants". Miss America Organization. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- Eldredge, Richard (31 March 2014). "Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed is engaged". Atlanta Magazine. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- Brett, Jennifer (5 April 2014). "Atlanta's future first lady 'perfect for this,' friend says". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- Leslie, Kate (31 March 2014). "Mayor Reed to wed; expecting child". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- "Official: Mayor Reed engaged, expecting first child". WSB-TV Atlanta. 31 March 2014. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- "Atlanta mayor's wife appointed to board of regents". 11 Alive. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- "Where Are They Now?". Miss District of Columbia Scholarship Organization. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- Steuver, Hank (10 June 2002). "Maker of Queens". Washington Post. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- Leslie, Kate (5 June 2014). "Mayor Reed, wife welcome new baby". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 19 March 2017.