Australian champion barista
Sestic pays attention to the freshness of his coffee beans. "I've looked at a calendar and seen when coffee will ripen in each country." "Seasonality is very important and we knew that the season would finish in Colombia from September to October." "Just like fruit and vegetables, when they're in season they taste great. It's the same thing with coffee."
World Barista Championship
Sestic was selected into the final six, then won the finals round of four espressos, four cappuccinos and four signature drinks judged by sensory and technical judges plus a head judge.
Sestic owns Ona Coffee at three locations in Canberra's coffee districts:
- Manuka (The Lawns, Palmerston Lane)
- The Cupping Room (University Avenue)
- Fyshwick (Wollongong Street) including a wholesale bean outlet
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Sasa Sestic". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- World's best barista Sasa Sestic makes 12 champion cups of coffee in 15 minutes to claim title, Adrienne Francis, ABC News Online, 14 April 2015
- Coffee: Canberra barista Sasa Sestic wins World Barista Championship, Hannah Walmsley, ABC News Online, 13 April 2015
- Canberra's Sasa Sestic wins Australian Barista Championship, Hannah Walmsley and Adam Shirley, ABC News Online, 18 Mar 2015