Schenker AG is a German logistics company and a subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn, the German railway company. Within DB Logistics, the logistics branch of Deutsche Bahn, Schenker is responsible for land, sea, and air transport and contract logistics. Rail transport within DB Logistics is done under the DB Schenker Rail brand.
Schenker has roughly 65,000 employees at some 2,000 offices around the world and has a turnover of 14.943 billion € per year.
DB Logistics claims to be:
- No. 1 in European land transport
- No. 3 in worldwide air transport
- No. 3 in worldwide sea transport
- No. 5 in worldwide contract logistics
On 31 January 2006, DB Logistics acquired BAX Global for $1.1 billion and is currently being merged country by country with Schenker.
- Schenker was the official carrier of the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, 2000 in Sydney and 2002 in Salt Lake City.
- Schenker supports the United Buddy Bears exhibitions worldwide. A particular challenge was the realization of the exhibition in Pyongyang (North Korea), 2009.
- DB-Konzern - Profile
"www.X-Rail.org". Retrieved 2010-11-09. Botschafter des Friedens mit Schenker nach Nordkorea Archived 2008-12-23 at the Wayback Machine
- About Schenker from its website
"Bax Goes Schenker" campaign on merging Bax Global with Schenker
- Documents and clippings about Schenker AG in the 20th Century Press Archives of the German National Library of Economics (ZBW)
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|