Senior Man is a position held in some collegiate universities by the head of a college's JCR (the undergraduate student body). It is the equivalent of 'President'. The Senior Man acts as the chief representative of the student body, as a figurehead for the JCR and as an elected official. He or she is also responsible for leading the JCR's executive council.
Although terminology refers to the position as a Senior 'Man', a woman may also fill this role. This reflects the history of these colleges, which were founded as single sex male-only institutions.
The position of Senior Man is in use at three colleges of Durham University:
- University College 
- Hatfield College 
- St Chad's College, (the term 'Senior Woman' is also used in this college) 
- Senior Man Leslie, Justin; St Chad's College; 19 March 2006; Accessed 9 February 2007
- Motion to rename JJCR President Archived 2006-05-19 at the Wayback Machine.; St John's College JCR; 17 March 2006; Accessed 9 February 2007
- The JCR Exec Archived 2006-10-10 at the Wayback Machine. University College JCR; Accessed 9 February 2007
- How the JCR Works Archived 2007-02-09 at the Wayback Machine. Hatfield College JCR; 2006; Accessed 9 February 2007