Sergio G. Sánchez
|Sergio G. Sánchez|
Sánchez at the 32nd Goya Awards in 2018
|Born||Sergio Gutiérrez Sánchez|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Sánchez's first film script was for The Orphanage in 1996. Sánchez originally wanted to direct the script but he was repeatedly turned down by various Spanish production companies. While Sánchez was working on the short film 7337, he met with director Juan Antonio Bayona and offered him the script to direct. The Orphanage was a large hit and Sánchez was nominated for Best Screenplay at the 2008 Goya Awards in Spain.
In May 2009, Variety reported that Sánchez would re-team up with The Orphanage director Juan Antonio Bayona, on a production by Madrid-based Apaches Entertainment, Telecinco Cinema, and Spongeman, Bayona's own Barcelona-based label. Sánchez completed a first-draft screenplay in late April. The film, called The Impossible, was filmed in 2010.
- The Orphanage (2007)
- The End (2012)
- The Impossible (2012)
- Palm Trees in the Snow (2015)
- Marrowbone (2017)
- "The Orphanage - Juan Antonio Bayona interview". indieLondon. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- Brian Tallerico. "Deadbolt Interview". The Dead Bolt. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Quint interviews Juan Antonio Bayona and Sergio Sanchez about the nifty horror flick The Orphanage". Aintitcoolnews. 2007-10-12. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "About the Screenplay". Picturehouse. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "The Orphanage Awards". Allmovie. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- Hopewell, John (2009-05-14). "'Orphanage' duo to reunite". Variety. Retrieved 2009-05-25.
- "The Impossible". Screenbase. Screen International. Retrieved 2010-12-20.