Seth Porges is an American science and technology journalist and television commentator; as well as the founder of the fashion app Cloth. He appears on numerous television shows on the History, National Geographic, Discovery, AHC, and Travel channels. Previously, he worked as a senior editor at Maxim magazine, as an editor at Popular Mechanics magazine, as the technology columnist at Bloomberg News, and as a writer for TechCrunch. He currently lives in Brooklyn, New York, and is a graduate of Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism.
Porges has appeared as a guest commentator on television networks such as MSNBC, Fox News, G4, Fox Business, and CNBC, as well as the Web shows TechVi  and Rocketboom. His writing has appeared in publications such as BusinessWeek, Men’s Health, Men’s Journal, and Editor & Publisher. In 2014, he produced a documentary about Action Park that went viral and is credited with inspiring the park to change its name.
He is the son of neuroscientists Stephen Porges and C. Sue Carter, and is the subject of a song by musician Wesley Willis. In 2009, he received attention for serving as a test pilot on the maiden voyage of an experimental pulse jet-powered carousel. In 2006, he appeared as a contestant on Cash Cab. In 2011, he led a Twitter campaign that succeeded in causing Chipotle to list the presence of bacon in its pinto beans. That same year, he was named one of The New York Observer's "50 Media Power Bachelors" and one of Stylecaster's "Top 25 IT Kids of 2011". He is a noted expert on the history of pinball.
- [http://www.magazine.org/asme/member_qanda/seth-porges.aspx "The opportunity to cover pinball in depth is just one reason this guy from DIY heaven (aka “Popular Mechanics”) loves magazines", American Society of Magazine Editors, 29 July 2009.
- Porges, Seth. [https://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aZ4x6c89a4kk "Livescribe Smartpen Radically Changes Note-Taking: Seth Porges", Bloomberg News, 4 December 2008,
- msnbc.com Video Player
- Fire Starter - Fox News Video - Fox News
- guest: Seth Porges « TechVi
- Popular Mechanics Breakthrough Awards 2010 | Rocketboom
- Wesley Willis And The Dragnews - Joe Hunter (CD) at Discogs
- Tweets Get Chipotle To Change Menus To Show Pinto Beans Cooked With Bacon - The Consumerist
- The Free Agent List: 2011′s 50 Media Power Bachelors | The New York Observer
- StyleCaster's Top 25 IT Kids of 2011 on StyleCaster
- The History of Pinball | Rocketboom