Seven Nights in Japan
|Seven Nights in Japan|
Original British Quad poster
|Directed by||Lewis Gilbert|
|Produced by||Lewis Gilbert|
|Written by||Christopher Wood|
|Music by||David Hentschel|
|Edited by||John Glen|
Paramount Pictures (USA)
The film is about seven days in the life of Prince George, who is travelling in Japan for the first time. While there he meets and falls for a local girl, Sumi, who is a bus tour guide. Then problems happen as he is hunted by an unknown person who wants him dead.
- Prince George - Michael York
- Sumi - Hidemi Aoki
- Finn - James Villiers
- Captain Balcon - Peter Jones
- Hollander - Charles Gray
- Jane Hollander - Anne Lönnberg
- Mrs. Hollander - Eléonore Hirt
- American Tourist - Lionel Murton
- American Wife - Yolande Donlan
The film was based on the life of Prince Charles.
"There are echos of Roman Holiday," said York.
According to York, the film was a big success in Burma, leading to York being mobbe when he visited.
- MOVIE CALL SHEET: Michael York Heads for Future CALL SHEET Murphy, Mary. Los Angeles Times 30 Aug 1975: b6.
- Rising son WHYMANT, ROBERT. The Guardian 29 Nov 1975: 11.
- MICHAEL YORK Tired of playing 'sensitive young men,' he's off to Broadway and Bent Godfrey, Stephen. The Globe and Mail10 May 1980: E.1.
- Seven Nights in Japan on IMDb
- Seven Nights in Japan at AllMovie
- Seven Nights in Japan at the TCM Movie Database
|This article about a comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|